Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[-50% OFF SALE! - Save $600✅]Sky Master ULTIMATE: Sky, Ocean, Volume Clouds-lighting, Weather, RTGI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Nov 17, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v2.0 with Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.0 water and the new InfiniCLOUD system
    The system has a version of most systems for mobile (e.g. Sky, water, clouds etc, a demo is available in the store page), these are for the older SM2.0 models for global compatibility, it also focuses on SM3.0 in general (so does not use DX11 or later), even for the cutting edge effects, so should be compatible with the newer SM3.0 mobiles as well (though the SM3.0 effects are heavier, so whether it makes sense or not to use on phone depends on the phone power, the effects are generally very customizable as well to fit various performance needs).

Things like the new volumetric clouds coming in v4.0 though wont be recommended for mobile (e.g. pic of clouds posted above), as this is near as cutting edge as it gets in cloud tech and running on mobile will probably create performance issues (though still they might be able to be used in some form lowering a lot the performance factors, but wont look as in desktops)

So in general, mobile is supported, but requires care on what to use and what not, depending on target platform.

recon0303 likes this.
  2. MarkusGod

MarkusGod

InfiniCLOUD will be included into skymaster or upgradeble from skymaster?

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

The final InfiniCLOUD is planned to also be a standalone product, and the plan is to include it in Sky Master at the same time, if there is an upgrade price at that point will be at most in the range of $5-$10 and would be a general upgrade that will have the new water-clouds-GPU particles and various other systems that are in the works.

Sky Master ULTIMATE price will go up after the release of all these systems (i will give it enough time so everyone can upgrade for the $5-$10 price) and the new price will be around $150 (or i will release a new named asset with upgrade from current). I also plan to release another version without GI proxy, similar in every other way to ULTIMATE, for $90 at that point. All that is generally TBD though, it mostly depends on how reviews of the system and sales go in the next weeks-months.

InfiniCLOUD Beta will be available for all current users of the system as well.

Knightmore and MarkusGod like this.
  4. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some of the work in progress on the new volumetric clouds, reflections and further optimizations that allow even more detail to be active at each frame.

Sky Master ULTIMATE is now $59 price until the next version !!! (vs $90)
    Make sure to grab it while the v3.4.9 is under evaluation (the first Unity 5.6 native version).

Ryuichi173 likes this.
  5. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Hi Nasos,

I have a question about new cloud system.

Pics show me very characteristic clouds.
    Are they created by procedural noise process or some other logic?
    Can I make Cumulonimbus that not cover the sky?

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sure, the formation of the clouds in the pics is using a custom mask texture to define the clear sky parts, with a variable intensity of alpha channel, so it is possible to use any other texture and control the height higher to get any cloud formation.

I plan to add various options for extra control in the variance of the vertical formation as well, depending on height, perhaps with a curve or texture, this is TBD.

The system uses noise sampling at its core and various optimization techniques, with focus on ultra performance, ideally i dont want to do any actual rendering when the camera is not moving or much less rendering when moving slow and this is close to done now, so i hope to be able to run this on mobiles as well (but this is TBD and tested first to see if possible)

Ryuichi173 likes this.
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

coverpage likes this.
  8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4.9 (the first Unity 5.6 native version) is available for Google Drive download on PM request.

This version handles a number of issues specific to Unity 5.6+ and removes Legacy particles and some helper Javascript files, for compatibility with future Unity versions.

Ryuichi173 and docsavage like this.
  9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Work in progress on the new volumetric clouds and combination with InfiniGRASS v2.0 and atmospheric effects

10. Krazzy360

Krazzy360

Just bought this and it is the best asset if have seen and covers a lot to make the environment realistic

nasos_333 likes this.
  11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks :). If you use Unity 5.6 i can also send a Unity 5.6 native version i have finalized recently, that solves a few Unity 5.6 related issues. The new cloud system will also be soon available for Beta testing, i will notify in a post here when it is ready for use as well.

I have a FAQ section in the first post of this forum thread as well, which may also come in handly.

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on Local Volume Lights, for next Sky Master ULTIMATE versions.

Also shown in the pic is combination of Sky Master water and reflections with the new Volumetric Clouds (InfiniCLOUD-top pic) system

InfiniGRASS v2.0 is used for foliage optimization.

Make sure to grab it while the v3.4.9 is under evaluation (the first Unity 5.6 native version).

Knightmore likes this.
  13. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Hi Nasos,

I saw this asset and I'm just wondering that "Is Skymaster changing Unity light setting or depend on Unity default setting?".
    Of course I know Skemaster included camera filter and some original techniques like volume lighting, but I didn't care about the light setting it self.
    It's just out of interest, do you think this asset compatible with Skymaster or only messed up asset?

regards,

nasos_333 likes this.
  14. coverpage

coverpage

I own both asset but haven't tested extensively. One thing's for sure, you can use the post processing setting off the outdoor lighting box. This is useful as it make things look better while you have a sun that is more realistic (position and weather) using sky master

nasos_333 and Ryuichi173 like this.
  15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master changes the lighting in various ways, one is by controlling the sun position, color and intensity based on time of day, the other is by the Auto ambient calculation mode from the sky coloration (which is not used by default by Unity and has to be enabled in code in game time) and with multiple image effects (including the subtle lighting by the Volumetric Lighting system that makes a big difference in ambient variance and differentiating shadowed and lit areas in a volumetric way and the Volume Gradient Fog system, which enables height fog and can be colored based on distance through a color gradient)

I have not used the mentioned asset, but my guess is that the most difference is made through the image effects (as it has to use Unity's own lighting i suppose in every case), so you can probably add its image effects to Sky master ones and create combinations.

Ryuichi173 likes this.
  16. nasos_333

nasos_333

A note on the mention of the new prefab (v3.4) in the new manual.

If the store version is used (v3.4.8), the new v3.4 Prefab (for direct setup on scene) has a bit different name (the name in manual is in the latest Unity 5.6 native version, downloadable in Google Drive on PM request).

The new prefab's name is "SKY MASTER v3.4 Prefab - All systems Pre v3.4.9", to separate it when an upgrade has happened to v3.4.9 (Unity 5.6 native). The name in the manual (and v3.4.9) is “SKY MASTER v3.4 Prefab – All systems Volume Lighting”

It is the same prefab (v3.4 one) but has minor changes for Unity 5.6 version.

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Another Unity 5.6 related issue is now handled in the coming v3.4.9, the Volumetric Lighting system did not affect the sky with shadow occlusion, thus beams shadowing might be inactive when looking up, this has now been solved and handled (was due to the reversal of depth buffer range in Unity 5.6)

coverpage likes this.
  18. nasos_333

nasos_333

Super offers !!! In celebration of 2.5 years of Sky Master on the Asset Store

Buy Sky Master ULTIMATE and get a free Toon Effects Maker voucher, worth $50 or Advanced FX Creator voucher, worth $100.The offer is active for purchases after 6th of August and while vouchers last.
    Post here and send the Sky Master ULTIMATE invoice in PM, to receive the free gift voucher.

Toon Effects Maker Vouchers left: 2/2
    Advanced FX Creator Vouchers left: 1/2

* the InfiniTREE offer is now completed, both vouchers have been granted

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE is featured in Asset store !!!!

20. nasos_333

nasos_333

Note for GI Proxy users

The system is now upgradable to Sky Master ULTIMATE (currently on lower price, the upgrade price will be $50 normally, currently is $25)

21. v_James_v

v_James_v

Lookin' good nasos :D

nasos_333 likes this.
  22. nasos_333

nasos_333

v_James_v likes this.
  23. nasos_333

nasos_333

In celebration of nearing the 700 Facebook friends milestone, i will be giving away GI Proxy vouchers up to the 700 friends exact (7 vouchers)

Send me a friend request in ArtnGame Facebook account and receive the free voucher. While vouchers last and Facebook friends are below 700.

The GI Proxy is upgradable to Sky Master ULTIMATE for only $25 currently (will be $50 after the next Sky Master ULTIMATE version release)

Also every new InfiniGRASS purchase until the 700 friends is reached will get a free GI Proxy voucher as well.

Enjoy :)

24. coverpage

coverpage

Hi Nasos, is infinitree still in active development? I know you're busy doing Skymaster which leads to infinicloud and also infinigrass.

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Yes, all assets are currently in active development, alongside a land and architectural asset that will also combine with them. The priority now is the grass system (as the clouds are almost done now), though InfiniTREE is also be done in things like the new automated vines creation system with full spline control support (in both editor and real time) which system will also be used to create branches, bark formations and tree roots. The focus for InfiniTREE next version is tree customization and creation and integration with infiniGRASS v2.0 manager system.

Also i have finished a Unity 5.6 native version for InfiniTREE current store version, which can be downloaded in Google Drive download.

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The latest Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4.9b version is now available for Google Drive download.

This version handles a few more issues with the volumetric lighting in Unity 5.6+.

27. Recon03

Recon03

Hey Nasos I been importing Sky Master every time I do, I get fatal errors, which has to do with the PDF manual...it crashes Unity every single time...I had to uninstall it.... every time.. tried now 5 times.. if I un-install it, the file is fine, the error is always fatal error related to the PDF file for Sky Master when importing....no idea what to do here..

Unity 5.6.3

Platform Android

Also, how can I add just the water?? no sky?? when I add the Sky Master script, it wants a Sky from sky Master..before I can proceed...I'm not using Sky Master for the Sky. Using my own system. for the Sky.... so wondering how I can just add water only. for mobile/PC Thanks.

28. recon0303

recon0303

also, now when I add prefabs like water tile, what ever, it crashes Unity, so something is wrong for sure with the version on the store....it crashes Unity every time I do anything in Sky Master......unusable right now.

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Have i sent you the latest Unity 5.6+ native version ?

30. recon0303

recon0303

nope , I used the store version, didn't know there was another version. for 5.6.3.

31. recon0303

recon0303

also how can I use just the Water? when I add the Sky Manager it wants the sky added....first. I'm not using Sky from Sky Master. any idea how I can?

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

The easy way is to just copy the water material and apply the copy to the planes. The copy will not be regulated by sky Master and you can adjust the settings directly in the material.

There are other methods, but are more complex (e.g. you could use Sky master is static mode and replace the skybox with yours etc)

I will send a PM with the Unity 5.6 native version, this is recommended for Unity 5.6+

EDIT: I have not seen an issue with the PDF, but if it gives you trouble you may try to remove it during the import time

recon0303 likes this.
  33. recon0303

recon0303

Thanks for the download.

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

np, let me know if all goes well with the PDF issue as well

35. imump

imump

Hi Nasos, when is InfinCloud being released? And what price?

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The Beta will be released soon and all current users can use it, the final release will come in Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.0 for an upgrade of $5 to $10 at start.

This will be part of the new xSTREAM version that will focus on cutting edge clouds, water and GPU particles for massive weather effects.

recon0303 likes this.
  37. nasos_333

nasos_333

More work in progress on the new full volume clouds and reflection in the Sky Master ULTIMATE water.

docsavage, coverpage and recon0303 like this.
  38. recon0303

recon0303

what will be the difference between, Sky Master clouds, and InfiniCloud?

39. recon0303

recon0303

Also in 4.0 has the code been cleaned up ? or is that still down the road?? My only complaint has always been the code structure.. For example, I believe in the water handler, it has a thrower and boat... I know we can just remove it, but stuff like that should not be included, maybe have a script for it on its own for demos? use interfaces, helper scripts, etc.. So hoping your still going in that direction.. always liked your tools and use, but that has always been my only complaint, when trying to read your code, to do something, drives me insane most days..

Also, your tool forces you to use your SKy in the set up...Maybe add a set up, where you can add, each one on its own, or use all of them like you did
    Something to think about..

Last, the versions in the folders, gets people confused.. I would just add what ever is new and ditch old stuff.... So it don't confuse people and make the file large as it does.. So I hope this is still the case, that these issues are being addressed...Other wise, I think your tools are nearly flawless... and you give awesome support.. Thanks for that.

Because you have V1, V2, V3, V4.

I would just add scripts, to one folder, and then make different folders for each element, sky water, helper scripts what ever,..

SAME with textures, materials, I would ditch the version number folder structure, everyone I talked to, hates that .hehe

coverpage likes this.
  40. nasos_333

nasos_333

There will be no difference, the idea is that i may have the clouds as a standalone asset too, but this is TBD and in all cases will be the exact same in both InfiniCLOUD and Sky Master (like GI Proxy is included in Sky Master whole and actually is a bit enhanced as well)

recon0303 likes this.
  41. coverpage

coverpage

I do think most of the points here are constructive. If it's not too hard this would be useful. Especially the modularity of the different components

recon0303 likes this.
  42. recon0303

recon0303

ya I been using Sky Master a long time, I been a long supporter of this tool, and like it to do well and continue to do well.

coverpage likes this.
  43. nasos_333

nasos_333

Most of the components are made with separation in mind, but without example i understand is much harder to get it to work, so i will focus on a series of demos with every individual system as standalone and perhaps some separation videos to split systems that are already in place.

The issue with that is that somehow the controllers have to be both standalone and allow control with TOD which is also important, thus while i try to have that in all systems, it is not as easy to setup since the package is made with integration in mind indeed.

I hope some scenes with systems used separately would help to have a first standalone configuration.

I have a scene for example with the volume clouds which is standalone use (in v2.0 demos folder), i will make a folder with similar scenes for the various components.

The code refactoring will be coming in v4.0 and not in v3.x cycle, since i want to tie it to the new systems as well, so i dont have to do double work later and have the whole picture of the latest more cutting edge systems use in the overall scheme. The refactoring is in progress, but in my v4.0 project so will be available with the first v4.0 release.

recon0303 likes this.
  44. recon0303

recon0303

I know how to use it with out demo's, just by coping and pasting things over. but a prefab would be nice, so we can just add the water say for example, with a prefab already set up.. I been using SkY master for almost 2 years, but always dislike the set up when I don't use Sky Master Sky stuff.

nasos_333 likes this.
  45. nasos_333

nasos_333

I had not thought of prefabs for these cases, i will definitely create some prefabs to go along the demo scenes as well for direct drop in scene usage.

46. recon0303

recon0303

ya direct drops into a scene, making a new scene or say I only need water for mobile. or another water.. Would be nice just to grap a prefab and drop into scene, BAM your're ready to go.

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

Indeed I will focus on that and send a first folder of prefabs for testing and have that included in the coming soon unity 5.6 native version

coverpage likes this.
  48. coverpage

coverpage

This would be amazing if you can pull it off. This is the main appeal of enviro.. it is a drag and drop solution. Sky has more features which makes it exciting if it's drag and drop

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

I can create prefabs for sure, i will create most this weekend and come up with a patch as soon as possible to have them available in the latest download from Google Drive

50. recon0303

recon0303

I can't use 5.6 anymore, its broke. so I was forced to move to 2017.1.. 5.6 for Windows is fine for PC, but Android a few assets crash , Unity. .

So I gave up 5.5 worked fine to. as I used for a long time.