Search Unity

[ON $20 FIXED PRICE SALE!✅]Sky Master ULTIMATE: Sky, Ocean, Volume Clouds-lighting, Weather, RTGI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Nov 17, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE of WIP:

I had a request for cleaning up the project for Unity v2017, so i am now preparing a version native to 2017 as well, for everyone that may need it. I will upload all 3 versions soon.

Mazak and MarkusGod like this.
  2. Mazak

Mazak

Awesome! This is great news!

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

I hope since i will export natively from the 2017 version, will solve any import issues experienced. I have started the full adapt and i will upload the version as soon as i am done with all warnings as well, so is 100% clear and Unity 2017 ready.

Ryuichi173 and Mazak like this.
  4. nasos_333

nasos_333

New volumetric clouds system

UPDATE of WIP:

The project is now 100% Unity 5.6 and Unity 2017 Beta compatible, i am doing a few final tests and will upload all versions in Google Drive download today or tomorrow the latest.

There will be a few warnings left, due to the converter from Legacy to Shuriken particles, this is only one function in one script, so is super easy to just remove to eliminate all warnings. These will also go away in the version when Unity actually removes the Legacy particles.

After the versions are uploaded, i will resume work in the new full volume clouds for v4.0 (pics above) and code clean up for v3.5.

Ryuichi173 and Mazak like this.
  5. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Excellent! Would you give me the pass for Drive by PM if you would finished your work?

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Sure, the versions will be available for direct download for all Sky Master ULTIMATE users.

docsavage, Ryuichi173 and Mazak like this.
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE on WIP:

I have now finished the Unity 5.6 conversion and all warnings are handled, plus did some restructuring of folders so is much easier to erase the demo stuff now and keep a fully functional version.

I have also added a new prefab that has all v3.4 features enabled (new clouds, volumetric lighting etc), making it simpler to setup a scene with the new v3.4 features without going to the Configurator for actvating them.

Plus many more smaller fixes and additions (many related to new handling of depth buffer in Unity 5.6), there have been a lot of changes and additions, so the Unity 5.6 version will be called v3.4.9 and will come to the store soon after i upload v3.4.8 for Unity 5.3.2f1

A full list of changes will be posted soon as well

docsavage, Ryuichi173 and Mazak like this.
  8. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE on WIP:

The new Unity 5.6 native (Unity 5.6.2f1) version of Sky Master ULTIMATE is now 100% completed
    , i am doing a final extract to the manual PDFs and will upload to the Google Drive today or tomorrow the latest.

The version will be available for all current users interested in Unity 5.6 native version, please send me a PM with the invoice and i will send the link asap.

docsavage and Ryuichi173 like this.
  9. nasos_333

nasos_333

@Ryuichi173, the Unity 5.6 version link is sent in PM

Ryuichi173 likes this.
  10. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Hi Nasos,

Thank you for your works!

I had tested it, and it works well with clean scene & gamma space color.
    To update from previous scene has some little problem, but it was solved with delete all component along skymaster from scene once, and re import them.

Anyway, perhaps I asked you before, is it difficult to make this asset compatible with linear and gamma color space automatically with auto converting gradation color internally?
    I worrying that newbies might be used this asset with liner color with no knowledge about color space and rate low stars with no comment because they thought as "Oh, this asset doesn't work I expected".
    I think it make your assets more comfortable with not only newbies but all user who use your asset.

regards,

Ryuichi

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Ryuichi,

I am glad the latest Unity 5.6 version works as expected now, Unity changed a lot of stuff in Unity 5.6 and thus required a lot of extra work to be 100% compatible.

I am now working on the next round of upgrades, one is the new clouds, the rest are code refinement (coming in v3.5) and more usability enchancements including the shadow configurator and the gama-linear consideration. Since the gamma-linear can touch on many aspects this will take a bit longer to get it perfected, but is defintly in the works.

Let me know for any more suggestions as well.

Mazak and Ryuichi173 like this.
  12. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Yes, too a lot of changes are caused a lot of developer gave up to following up old Unitys. That is why I needed asset which compatible with latest Unity.:confused:

According to the numbering, new clouds are comes to the next of code refinement? I'm always excited when WIP picture come out, but it seems that it would take more bit of times, I guess. Anyway, I'm very looking forward it comes to us.:)

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

The cloud refinement can take long, because of the small details that have to go in, though the clouds are very usuable right now too, so i plan to export a Beta version and have it available at some point sooner than the final release.

The code refinement will come in v3.5 and the clouds in v4.0 upgrade.

Mazak likes this.
  14. staron82

staron82

Does SkyMaster support multiple moons. If not, is that something you plan on adding?

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

The system supports dual suns integrated in the sky shader, this means that one of the suns is defined by a transform in the scene and is automatically integrated in the sky rendering without extra cost other than the shader one, which is the most performant case.

I have not tried to use this mode for two moons, but i suppose would be possible to use this way, though i need to try and if possible as the shader is i will upload a small video tutorial, otherwise will look how would be possible.

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Update on WIP

The latest version v3.4.8 has been submitted to the store for review, this is the last Unity 5.3.2f1 based version and the next will be Unity 5.6 native.

The Unity 5.6 version (v3.4.9) will be submitted soon after the review process is done for v3.4.8

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4.8

- Fixed issue where maxnighttime variable was not applied to sun-moon change time (for non lat/lon system transitions)
    - Added maxnightangle for regulating sun-moon transition in sky shader in latitude/lngitude system
    - added support for in game instantiation of camera, in SeasonalTERRAINSKYMASTER and WaterHandlerSM scripts.
    - Changed tree materials grab to produce less GC allocation in SeasonalTerrainSKYMASTER script
    - Fixed issue where volumetric lighting would flicker under some conditions at game start
    - Add demo with new water blur and dome shadows sample
    - Changed +0.1 offset in Shader Clouds script to happen only in editor time, so cloud changes in real time are smoother
    - Added weather Randomizer and precision Timer scripts (attach to SkyMasterManager script object)
    - Fixed issue with RTP latest version(added zip file with script for latest version)
    - Added local lighting support (for lightning etc) to base cloud shader
    - Added extra lerp in water script for ReflColor variable to better support smooth changes in the new auto weather script
    - Removed wrong reference in new demo rain
    - Disabled DX11 blur effect by default (let effect on camera), as it caused a stability issue with my laptop hardware (same did not happen in my desktop)
    - added new v3.4 based prefab (with volume lighting and new shader based volume clouds)

Mazak likes this.
  17. staron82

staron82

That would be brilliant!

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

I also forgot to mention that the extra sun receives the full atmospheric scattering rendering, thus can create cool effects in combination with the main sun halo etc, i have a dual sun demo in the sky master v2.x demos folder for reference.

Some videos of the dual sun effects below, i suppose i could do various tricks using this with the moon(s) halosas well

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Super offer !!! In celebration of 2.5 years of Sky Master on the Asset Store

Buy InfiniGRASS and get a free Sky Master voucher (Sky Master is the old Unity 4 version of the system, which is upgradable to Sky Master ULTIMATE for $10) and save $80 on Sky Master ULTIMATE price !!!!

Get both assets for as low as $70, instead of the normal $150, a more than 50% saving !!!

The offer is first come first serve, while vouchers are available. Post here and send the InfiniGRASS invoice in PM, to receive the free gift voucher.

Sky Master Vouchers left: 2/2

20. staron82

staron82

Bought

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sent voucher in PM

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

It has come to my attention that Webplayer based demos may experience severe slow down, especially on laptops and windows 10 systems, which is probably a bug in Webplayer in newer systems (i suppose this is due to the stop of the Webplayer support).

I recommend using the below standalone demos instead (Windows), for preview of the system.

Atoll - Auto Weather
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBc2pZV3A2anVPWWM/view?usp=sharing

Atoll - Cloud Light Scatter
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBUllCMFdpRFNwVE0/view?usp=sharing

GI Proxy with Volume Lighting
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBdnU5aU9BYjlza0U/view?usp=sharing

Airplane demo
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBVUhScFg0bDlwN2s/view?usp=sharing

Dark Mood - Dynamic Particle Clouds
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBbV9IM3pCRHIzbnc/view?usp=sharing

Fall through clouds
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBaGJtTnNJTDRBYjg/view?usp=sharing

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Super offer !!! In celebration of 2.5 years of Sky Master on the Asset Store​

Buy InfiniGRASS and get a free Sky Master voucher (Sky Master is the old Unity 4 version of the system, which is upgradable to Sky Master ULTIMATE for $10) and save $80 on Sky Master ULTIMATE price !!!!

Get both assets for as low as $70, instead of the normal $150, a more than 50% saving !!!

The offer is first come first serve, while vouchers are available. Post here and send the InfiniGRASS invoice in PM, to receive the free gift voucher.

Sky Master Vouchers left: 1/2

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4.8 is now up at the Unity Asset Store !!!

The next version (v3.4.9) will be Unity 5.6 native,
    the reason for this is that Unity 5.6 has many core changes that makes it impossible to keep up with a 5.3.x version that also covers the 5.6+ due to the overall complexity since it is getting much harder to avoid errors across all possible scenarios.

The Unity 5.6 version will be directly compatible with Unity 2017 as well (at least from my initial tests it seems to run directly from Unity 5.6 version in 2017)

The new Unity 5.6 native v3.4.9 is also available in Google Drive download for everyone interested (PM the invoice and i can send a link immediately, for all current users).

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Super offer !!! In celebration of 2.5 years of Sky Master on the Asset Store

Buy Sky Master ULTIMATE and get a free InfiniTREE voucher, worth $80 !!!! The offer is active for purchases after 18th of July and while vouchers last.

Post here and send the Sky Master ULTIMATE invoice in PM, to receive the free gift voucher.

InfiniTREE Vouchers left: 2/2

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the new volume clouds system, Time of Day lighting with dynamic scattering & lighting depending on sun position.

Jeremy-Borton likes this.
  27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Super offers !!! In celebration of 2.5 years of Sky Master on the Asset Store

Buy Sky Master ULTIMATE and get a free InfiniTREE voucher, worth $80 !!!! The offer is active for purchases after 18th of July and while vouchers last.
    Post here and send the Sky Master ULTIMATE invoice in PM, to receive the free gift voucher.
    InfiniTREE Vouchers left: 2/2

Sky Master ULTIMATE is now $59 price until the next version !!! (vs $90)
    Make sure to grab it while the v3.4.9 is under evaluation (the first Unity 5.6 native version).
    .​

28. Jeremy-Borton

Jeremy-Borton

I'm prepping to buy, only thing I'm wondering is, can I make a spline mesh and use this for it? Is it just a shader that's put on a material? Like can I make a water slide and use this for the water? Does it have any sort of flow direction option or spline tool that I can make a river with? Do you think it could work for this dinotopian water slide: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jpYernEyqls/VOM4NT1XUqI/AAAAAAAAaDk/J610slQxNME/s1600/WB3+Cargo+Chute.jpg

Can you make a river like Unreal's?: http://polycount.com/discussion/154453/ue4-procedural-nature-environment

If not, are these things planned for the future?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Jeremy,

I have a river arrangement, where you can connect river beds and control their shape over ground, it is not a spline but rather a bone based skinned mesh, though it suits the same purpose as a specific segment count spline would, more than one of these modules can be connected to create rivers system.

The water shaders (river and ocean-water etc ones) can be used on any mesh too, they are not tied to the mesh (certain water traits will though have a top down arrangement, independent of mesh used).

Here is a sample video of the river water

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  30. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    Jeremy-Borton and Hitch42 like this.
  31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Make sure to grab it while the v3.4.9 is under evaluation (the first Unity 5.6 native version).

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4.9 for Unity 5.6 is also available immediately in Google Drive download, on PM request

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

New breakthrough for the Volumetric Cloud System, i have managed to eliminate completely the halo effect in the interface of clouds and scene objects (visible when clouds are darker-thicker and in higher contrast). This was caused due to the downsampling used to increase performance. Now downsampling of any amount can be used with zero halo effect.

This was the last major in the to do list, now i will be refining the lighting (e.g. dusk - dawn etc) and i hope to have a Beta soon.

Lohrion, Jeremy-Borton and Deckard_89 like this.
  33. Hitch42

Hitch42

I have to say, for a long time I disliked the particle clouds in Sky Master, as they looked very artificial and repeated themselves. But these clouds are very impressive. Great job.

nasos_333 likes this.
  34. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks :), I am now working on local lighting and various other controls, plus the artistic side

Mazak and Jeremy-Borton like this.
  35. Jeremy-Borton

Jeremy-Borton

I love those halo clouds, and all of them actually. Been too busy working...Can't wait to play around with Sky Master Ultimate more!

nasos_333 likes this.
  36. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

You've come so far, Fantastic!
    I can't wait to see how the clouds v4.0 would be in my scene.

nasos_333 likes this.
  37. Mazak

Mazak

SWEET

nasos_333 likes this.
  38. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks :), i am hard at work on final refinements, i have a few issues with the internal workings on how shaders insert directional lights in the rendering (e.g. in dawn i also get some illumination by the moon light), so there is a few more technical aspects to solve (or regulate), but is getting closer and i really enjoy a lot making it as watching the clouds evolving and looking better and better is very cool :)

Jeremy-Borton likes this.
  39. Frednaar

Frednaar

this is fantastic, I purchased your asset over one year ago and I am really happy with the continuous development and love you give to it !

nasos_333 likes this.
  40. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks :), the next step after the clouds is a new GPU particle system, that will allow massive weather effects like leaf beds in forests and very heavy rain-swow storms with minimal performance hit (vs the Shuriken that is rather costly) and the next version of Water (with FFT waves and new shading tricks)

41. coverpage

coverpage

Hi, I just played with this a little today, finally had some time, it's a stylized forest, dramatized look.

I use Realistic Tree scene + Post processing stack + Beautify + of course Sky Master. Recorded with Helios. How do I slow down the water waves. And can you give me some tips on how to get more obvious volumetric lighting as well as underwater caustics. Also the clouds look pixelated. Is there anyway to get it to be more defined

Will be interested to add inifinigrass to empty spots later.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  42. nasos_333

nasos_333

About the clouds, you can adjust their hight a bit (slight change) to get a smoother look and less contrast (this will make them whiter in essence). Then refine with small changes in lighting parameters in the configurator (sun and shadow light sliders). The color you are now is very close to the smooth look, so the trick is to make very small changes in height and lighting parameters to get the look needed.

For the wave motion you can control it directly in the water script, first check the current values on the material, press on the water plane and check the wave speed vector and then in the WaterHandlerSM script adjust the "Wave Speed offset" vector. These are offsets over the preset values of the current preset used from the water presets list. e.g. if the current preset has 2.5f speef in X axis, putting -2.5f in the offset will zero the overall speed in X axis. Adjusting the frequency will also give longer more relaxed waves.

The caustics are added along with water, the CAUSTICS object has a projector with the caustics shader, you need to place the object in the water surface in Y axis and then pressing on the projector you can adjust the "max caustics height" in the material, to get the caustics cutoff at the desired height. The "smoothen decay" factor is used to adjust how caustics disappear under the cutoff height (exponentially), so you can smoothen the effect out as the shore is approached.

The volumetric lighting is best used with shadows, so for example depending on your cloud coverage, the lighting strength should be regulated higher or lower. To get the most evident effect you need shadows and their in between light, in oder to get the needed contrast for the effect to show in full. If you have very little clouds, the strength ("Volumetric sun shafts intensity" slider in Camera FX section) should be set lower to get a subtler effect.

I plan to have an auto regulation based on shadows as well in later versions for optimal effect (it will be implemented as option, as the optimal is a bit ambiguous in this case so the default will be the user adjusted values)

Also make sure that shadows are far enough and shadow layer of clouds is set proper to get the needed shadowing. If you use Unity 5.6, Unity has created a new bug in shadows where they dont show for very large objects, so i have added a sample of how to add a dome for shadows in the latest demo.

If you use Unity 5.6, it would be best to send over the Unity 5.6 native version link to use (if not sent already), as it also addressed various other Unity 5.6 specific issues and has the demo with the shadow dome (which can be used instead of the shadow plane in the current version)

coverpage likes this.
  43. nasos_333

nasos_333

With 22 in Trasparency variable

I attach two images with setup of clouds for reference.

If you also want the cloud edges to be more thick (less fuzzy), you may adjust higher the "Transp" parameter in the clouds script as shown in the pic above (i will make sure to add this to the configurator as well for easier access in next version)

coverpage likes this.
  44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Also added a pic with 22 in Transp factor. Another way to make the clouds less fuzzy is to reduce the scaling factor (though this will make the cloud bed thinner) and also you can adjust the cloud layers individually in the hierarchy to make them tighter or sparser etc

e.g. the Clouds (110) layer is set higher in height to give the sparser thin cloud layer above and layers have some variance, but can also be packed tigher to get less thickness between them (or add more layers, depending on systems power). These are some other methods to control the cloud edges.

45. coverpage

coverpage

Thanks for the detailed tips I like the volumetric cloud, very dynamic, but you're right less fuzzy is nice I'm trying them out. I have been playing around with the configurations for cloud, sky and water and was able to get very diverse looks to my environment and they we're pretty as well.

I love the way this asset has so much control and features that enable a a lot of customizability and it looks good.

46. coverpage

coverpage

I think I have made the wrong conclusion that fuzzy is necessarily bad. Actually it does look natural when the fuzziness helps soften the clouds to create a natural effect. It looks awesome, here's a spam of pics:

But at the horizon, it can sometimes look low resolution. Is it possible to fix this in a better manner rather than just not rendering the horizon. I know it's the layering of some sort that causes the shadows in the horizon, but could you find a resolution to this, because I want clouds in the horizon.

But all in all I love your asset, will write up a 5 star review shortly.

nasos_333 likes this.
  47. nasos_333

nasos_333

The horizon is a bit more tricky, due to the tiling. For example it will look good if the coverage is high, but less so in middle densities. Also in the pics higher contrast is used, which also can create a bigger separation in distance.

As a first step regulate the "Offset fog density" variable to see if you can get the desired effect. Also regulating the contrast to a bit less will help get similar effect to the 1st pic posted above, the settings i used are shown in 2ond pic

If you need to have the less coverage and thicker horizon clouds there is also the option to create a material separate from the current and add a cloud layer that uses this material that will have less tiling (as shown in 3rd pic, tiling is govered by Cloud Density slider, which is the "_Density" variable in the material-shader). The less tiling will give you a thicker cloud in the horizon, though you will have one extra cloud layer on top of the other, which may or not be desirable.

Another thing is to set the cloud rotation to zero (removing the "rotate with camera" and "Rotate Multie quad C" options in the cloud script) to get a more even look in horizon. When removing the angle you will need to micro re-adjust the lighting factors to get the proper coloration as it was. That is, if you have used a preset with the rotation (not all presets use rotation - the 2ond preset icon is without rotation by default)

coverpage likes this.
  48. 600

Hello @nasos_333
    Sent a PM for Unity 5.6 version.
    Thanks!

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have sent the link to the latest Unity 5.6 native version (v3.4.9a) in PM, let me know if the link works ok on your side.

600 likes this.
  50. Gametyme

Gametyme

Does this work on mobile?