Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Old versions of the docs

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by Baste, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Baste

Baste

I know that the documentation to older versions of the Unity docs are available... somewhere online. But I can't find where. If I needed documentation for 4.6.2, at this point I would have to download 4.6.2, and read the bundled information. Which is a bit overkill.

I keep running into situations on the forums where people ask questions about why things are not working, and I can't really answer without looking up the old doc versions.

I think it would be really great if the documentation team implemented something akin to what you get on MSDN - a little dropdown on the top of the docs page where you can select what version of Unity you want to read the docs for. It shouldn't be too much work - you already have the documents around, and I'm sure that I've gotten accross them somewhere on the unity3d.com domains already, so you just need a little link.

Pretty please?

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Unity Technologies

I know we need a dropdown... it's on our list. (Which is enormous :-().

Look at: http://docs.unity3d.com/462/Documentation/Manual/index.html

So, just add the version number and the string "Documentation".

(Oh, and once upon a time we had a dropdown in the documentation home page. Which provided a link to a version page... But this stuff all broke.)

aleks_unity likes this.
  3. CyberFox01

CyberFox01