Search Unity

Old-runescape inspired RPG - Medieval Magic

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by pickle-chips, May 23, 2014.

1. pickle-chips

pickle-chips

Hello everyone. I'm working on an rpg that is inspired from the old runescape. Not the modern runescape trash, but the good old days from 2006.The game is an RPG that is heavily story based, and currently no multiplayer features are planned, but it is a possibilty.

It is being singlehandedly developed by me, so updates come out slowly. I make everything from models and animations to the code and sounds, literally everything. (Except the music, which is taken from royalty free websites.)

I said the game was heavily story based, and basically the main story is some super powerul magic that you were supposed to be guarding gets stolen, and then it becomes your mission to stop the thieves from destroying the world. Obviously it will be much more in depth than that, and for a more complete backstory you can watch the first 3 minutes of the newest dev blog.

Here are some screenshots:

$wJYQ4aE.png
    $LeUrgNZ.png
    $b7hm2wb.png
    $f3uZVpa.png
    $Iy88fxo.png

And here is the most recent dev blog, which covers basically everything that's in the game as of now:

For more information visit my (extremely poor) website!
    http://medievalmagicgame.weebly.com/

And finally, feedback is everything at this point, so please let me know what you think, and what could be improved.
    Thanks!

tylerguitar75 likes this.
  2. FleshKnot

FleshKnot

Looks pretty good! I used to be in love with runescape. If you need any help at all with the project let me know

3. Foestar

Foestar

Great job. Got quite a bit of solid work right there.

4. sandboxgod

sandboxgod

Never played runescape much. Your game looks like a good idea.

5. pickle-chips

pickle-chips

Thanks everyone I appreciate your thoughts!

6. pickle-chips

pickle-chips

Newest gameplay video, please leave feedback.

tylerguitar75 and Chambers like this.
  7. Chambers

Chambers

I absolutely love the style you have achieved with the art, it looks fantastic. Very chibi. The intro and gameplay seems really solid too, keep up the good work! My one critism would be I think you have taken too heavily from Runescape not in terms of gameplay, that seems great but in terms of the user interface. The interface in particular seems to have suffered because of the influences from Runescape. I know you were going for Runescape esque but I think perhaps you could use that as more of a guide rather than a direct clone.

I could see this being an incredibly fun time sink, looking forward to seeing more updates and hopefully playing it! :)

8. Miziziziz

Miziziziz

looks pretty cool!
    I used to play runescape all the time, so I know exactly what feel you're aiming for

9. pickle-chips

pickle-chips

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

@Chambers I understand what you're saying, and ive noticed this too. For right now though it works, so I might leace it as it is for a while but maybe change it up in the future so you press I to open inventory etc. I appreciate the kind words!

@Miziziziz thanks, im glad you like the idea!

Chambers likes this.