Search Unity

Old car game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Testmobile, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Testmobile

Testmobile

Hey folks, i decided to make a thread for my project, as i would like to document a bit of my progress not having to be commited enough to make and run a blog this topic should be fine.

It still lacks a theme, im still trying to come up with some idea, a sort of history or something cool to include on the gameplay instead just running around the track.

Comments and critiques are always welcome, even when honesty brings pain ;)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

A game with elements like that of the Steve McQueen Bullitt Car Chase comes to mind. There already are some games like this, but that doesn't mean there is not room for one more.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
  3. Leiter Jakab

Leiter Jakab

The cars look awesome.

4. Boss

Boss

I agree, nice!

5. Ravel

Ravel

This looks cool, maybe a gta'ish driver based mission game? with a sort of a movie theme? I think maybe its cool to start of like a 70/80 pizza delivery guy with great driving skills, whos the right person in the wrong place (i think there was a simmilar movie...)

6. brn

brn

Old cars great work, That Bullet chase scene would be great.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  7. Testmobile

Testmobile

Thanks for all cool comments guys!
    I really appreciate it. As for the ideas i really like em, i will do some experiments to see what works best.
    Today i just made the beetle ingame:

8. Duskling

Duskling

Instant purchase for me when it releases.

I love old cars and I love racing.

9. xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

The car models look absolutely beautiful. Maybe a game similar to Crazy Taxi or Stuntman for Playstation? They both were arcade-style games that you had to race to beat the clock and be at a destination on time. It could all be time trials.

10. Testmobile

Testmobile

Crazy taxi sound like a good way to go indeed!
    Sorry for not having updates on this, works keep getting me out ouf my path.
    So for today it´s just a small update, a new car is in progress.

11. ATNEDev

ATNEDev

Try adding lots of motion blur, nitrous, green and blue fire, steam or heat effects, and making the asphalt like in BF3. Maybe the theme should be junkyards or some post apocaliptic stuff, or maybe, like in LA Noire some reconstruction of cities in history. Just remember to put a lot of powerful loud noises with steam and fire all over the place, maybe some humps making the car fly sometimes, just, keep it action paced, like, you could die if you steer wrong, something like Sonic, you know, it's really good when you build up speed like smash everything blazingly fast, but as soon the player gets slow, or tries to do it carefully and not YOLO style it begins to get lame. Old cars were probably the most powerful ones, so you should pack the game with power, adrenaline, speed, roaring monster cars and FIRE! And motion blur xD

12. goat

goat

There is an classic car weekend in Somerset, Kentucky from April to October once a month and people drive from far away to come here for it too. Sometimes people line the sidewalks like a parade is coming through. It's called Somernites Cruise (I think, I know they purposely mispelled it).

Anyway your cars look nice.

13. Testmobile

Testmobile

Thanks folks, today i just worked on some rubbish, like, literary ;)

On the post processing effects subject, it´s not really something i can do right now as im using indie but i intend to use my 30 day trial to add all the bells and whistles to the game once im closer to a final build.

14. Chris3Design

Chris3Design

You could give the game a swanky 70's theme, with afros and all that. Just make all the 70's known features extra big :p A funny cliche story with over the top chase and time attack missions. And of cours a big amount of classy cars :p

15. DancingWithCrows

DancingWithCrows

Cars look amazing