Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Olander's Genesis Eyes [Free]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Olander, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Olander

Olander

No longer supported or provided.
    Updated: 2024JAN07

WORKING in All Unity 5.#.#, Unity 2017.#.#, and Unity 2018.2.10
    BROKEN in Unity 2018.#.# (except 2018.2.10) :: Shader. Will not be fixing.

Included:
    • Unity 5-2017-2018.2.10 (All Versions. exported as v5.4.0). Does not require Pro
    • Genesis Eye Shader
    • Full Source in C#
    • Easy to Integrate into your designs since it is designed with integration simplicity in mind
    • Detailed PDF Manual
    • 1 Draw Call for the eyes and less than 10ms for script execution in the profiler. Highly Optimized
    • 4 Custom PSD Textures with Alpha Channel
    • Type 1 to 3 are Humanoid
    • Type 4 is a very nice Cybernetic Camera Eye
    • 4 Custom Lighting and Color Masks
    • GIMP v2.88 Layered File so you can add/make your own texture options (XCF Format)
    • 27 excellently chosen color options for a wide array of humanoids. You can add to the color list or change them to your own liking.
    • 1 Custom Semi-Sphere Mesh (for the Eye Shader)
    • Auto Dilation Script with very configurable variables
    • Eyes Iris is scalable (may be controlled by script as well)
    • Eye AI for Normal Human Eye Twitching Movement
    • Calibrated Eye Movement for looking at various Objects in a scene
    • Works in all Unity 5 rendering modes: Forward Gamma, Forward Linear, Deferred Gamma, Deferred Linear
    • Automatically grabs all the lights in the scene and uses quadratic attenuation on any Point or Spot lights with in the configured distance
    • Works with multiple lights at different angles which show the glint at those angles. (shown in the demo)
    • Full Demo Scene set up to show the eyes in action. There are no camera effects in the demo scene or pictures below.
    Not Included:
    • Body models such as shown in the pictures below
    **A big thank you to GXMark for thoughtful ideas and comments during testing and calibration of the eyes. His input has been greatly appreciated.

Pictures below:
    Up Close View with Sun Light at 12:00pm
    Genesis Eyes Type 01 Close Up.png
    Eye Types 1 to 4
    Genesis Eyes Type 01.png
    Genesis Eyes Type 02.png
    Genesis Eyes Type 03.png
    Genesis Eyes Type 04.png

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
    ikazrima likes this.
  2. Olander

Olander

Iris Scaling
    Genesis Eyes Type 01 Scale Lg.png
    Genesis Eyes Type 01 Scale Sm.png
    Eye Auto Dilation
    Genesis Eyes Type 01 Dilation A.png
    Genesis Eyes Type 01 Dilation B.png

3. Frogger007

Frogger007

Is it possible to get the asset working with the deffered rendering pipeline ?

4. Olander

Olander

Works in all 5 modes. I stated that in the 1st posting. I have not moved on to Unity 2017 so I have not done personal testing....I am staying at v5.6.3. A friend of mine is using Unity 2017 and is constantly patching....and he uses Deferred Linear (preferred choice) and they work fine in the pics he showed me.

Cheers
    O

5. Olander

Olander

BROKEN after Unity 2018.1.5f1.

(lots of other 3rd party asset store products broken though...crazy upgrades!!!)

EDIT: Updated status of Broken.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  6. Splosions

Splosions

Sorry to bother, your shaders are the best but it seems like something is broken, or I have no idea what I am doing.

The eye shader is now listed under "Failed to compile" and when I try to mess with the Dilation slider, it doesn't move at all

upload_2018-8-6_19-50-7.png

7. Olander

Olander

Well...Unity 2018.1.5f1 Genesis Eyes Shader is now broken. I really do not feel like going in and fixing it. I still keep this version of Unity installed so I can download something from the Asset Store if I need to. Kind of pisses me off actually...this shader has been awesome since the very early Unity 5.0 days. Still works in 5.6.3 where the project has been recovered to.

Sorry. Have to move along I guess. I'll update the notes above.
    Cheers
    O

8. Splosions

Splosions

I tried installing Unity 5.6.3f1 but I still can't change the dilation from the previous screenshot, it just won't move when I use the mouse on the shader slider

9. Olander

Olander

You can click on any of those color reference materials I have in there and change the sliders. They are there for a few things of reference and testing. Just tried it out in 5.6.3f1 and it works. Even in Unity 2018 the dilation is working just not the lighting attenuation which is behind the scenes breaking the coloring making it 'pink'.

10. Olander

Olander

Well folks. Genesis Eyes are magically fixed by Unity in v2018.2.10. Go figure! Also of note the lighting adjustments are BETTER in this latest version as well. Rendering speed seems to be the same (not sure how it can render any faster to be honest).

Just thought I would post this since I found this accidentally while trying to solve some eye issues with temporary eyes.
    An FYI if interested.

mons00n likes this.
  11. Olander

Olander

All files are no longer available. I have been cleaning up my FTP and decided that it has been plenty long enough to host these. I have them on my NAS drive so if needed I can FTP specifically if needed. Send a PM request. Email notifications do not work well from Unity Forums but I log in a couple times a month.

Cheers
    O