Search Unity

Ok help a newbie on deciding what Xcode to go with

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by WarHead, Oct 1, 2013.

1. WarHead

WarHead

I have a Mac Mini 2012 16gb ML 10.8.5 and have an Apple business developer account ready to roll, but I am not sure the path I need to start on...

I have 3 iOS Devices 1 iPad 4 and 1 iPhone 5 both running iOS 7

Then I have an iPad 4 on iOS 6.1.

Currently have Xcode 4.6 installed, I know 5.0 is currently the latest, but can you build for it with Unity 4.2?

I do Android apps and like the point and click builds, I hope the iOS side is the same ie either you export a project ie (Eclipse project for Android, I suppose there are Xcode projects for iOS) or you create an app (apk)

So the question is should I upgrade to Xcode 5 and will it create runnable apps?

Sorry for being so new, but the Apple side is a lot more complicated than the Android side to me.

Thanks

2. u3dxt

u3dxt

If you plan to deploy to iOS7, I would recommend downloading XCode5. You can build for Unity4.2, you just can't "Build and Run" yet. But if you can't live without build and run, then I guess just hang tight for an update. :)

3. WarHead

WarHead

Thanks u3dxt, I purchased your IOS plugin the other day, hoping to make fair use of it.

Yeah just did my first test build on IOS 6 xcode 4.6 I see it makes a Xcode project so I just have to learn all this crazy provisioning stuff Apple requires, right now its failed build city ....

4. u3dxt

u3dxt

Thanks for the support! What type of errors are you seeing? Maybe I can help.

I would start with a blank project, with nothing but an empty scene to see if you can get it compile first. Make sure you have a real device (as opposed to a simulator) selected on the top left.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  5. WarHead

WarHead

It was caused by the Neat AdMob plugin, I deleted it out but still was being referenced somehow, put it back and it compiled. Thanks for the offer of help.