Search Unity

Bug Offset XR Interactor Line from controller

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by knightmastd, Dec 30, 2020.

1. knightmastd

knightmastd

I have been using the toolkit since 0.9.4 and it has been working quite well. I have lived with a stuttering issue of the interactor lines but other than that it has worked great.

I tried to update to the latest 1.0.0-pre.1. The stuttering of the lines are gone which is good but there seems to have been some changes to how the controller locations are updated. I am running into a minor, but still very annoying issue, that I can't find a workaround for:

The interactor lines starts from the same location as the controllers so it looks like S***. The line isn't culled behind the controller since the line will be place slightly above the controller buttons.

In 0.9.4 I could specify where the lines would originate from but that doesn't work any more.

Have anyone been able to offset the lines so they start just in front of the controller instead of inside it? Any ideas on a workaround?

I am using running on a Oculus Quest btw.

2. knightmastd

knightmastd

Taking a closer look, it seems to be a bug. Attach Transform on the XR Ray Interactor isn't used at all anymore so a new "Original Attach" gameobject will always be created and the ray can never be offset.

3. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

4. knightmastd

knightmastd

I have done that but it was apparently already tracked. Thanks!

mfuad likes this.