Search Unity

OffMeshLink acess

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by sartubakia, Mar 27, 2018.

1. sartubakia

sartubakia

Hello guys i wrote my own nav mesh agent in a rigidbody, and generate path for him trough NavMesh.CalculatPath() , and all working fine, but i want to teach my AI do jump over the river using offMeshLink data, but i cant get offMEshLink data that was builded by GeneratedOffMeshLink, auto buildet.. Does i can get that data ??

2. bxzr

bxzr

I have the same question but haven't got any method to solve it.My issue is to export navmesh data to use in server, which contains mesh data, offmeshlink data and tile cache data. I tried to look into UnityEngine.dll and UnityEditor.dll, but it seems no public interface I can use in this question. I also have tried some tools such as A-Star path finding and critterai, but I am so weak that I can not find way to export offmeshlink data and tile cache data eithor.

3. jakub-gemrot

jakub-gemrot

4. christougher

christougher

Offmeshlinks are part of the old navmesh system. If you are using the newer navmesh API and components then I don't think they play together with offmeshlinks. That's why i helped contribute to the tool linked above, because unity left this glaring hole in their new (unfinished cough cough) nav mesh system.