Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Offline Rendering - What 3rd party AntiAliasing options? Since no more madgoat

Discussion in 'HDRP Ray Tracing' started by newguy123, Feb 23, 2021.

1. newguy123

newguy123

Hi Guys

Since madgoat SSAA not available anymore, what other options do we have out there (since the ones with Unity are total crap)

Deckard sounds perfect, but the guy doesnt seem very responsive and the asset has not been updated in a while.....

2. Yanus3D

Yanus3D

newguy123 MadGoat still works in latest beta/alpha...no idea how long it will be.
    Forget Deckard - not support at all, developer dropped plugin.
    CTAA not answering mails, so no idea when will be HDRP.

Right now, best solution: MadGoat.

3. newguy123

newguy123

I don't own Madgoat SSAA so even if it works, I can't buy it!
    Deckard works well, VERY GOOD results. Its not dropped and the developer gives support. I've had some very good results with deckard, however its almost TOO good, and so the renders are a bit on the slow side for me. I have not yet decided to adopt Deckard, or bypass it.....

CTAA seems great, but reading their forum thread, seems they over promise and under deliver. CTAA V3 was supose to come out months ago.... Besides V3, seems a lot of users are on that thread are not too happy with them.

If we can only get MSAA in raytracing, that would be great. I rolled back the raytracing on 1 project as a test, and switching to MSAA solved my AA issues. But of course now no pretty Raytrace GI.

GeniusKoala likes this.
  4. Yanus3D

Yanus3D

CTAA now is ready for HDRP and works great with DXR.

5. Sisay

Sisay

CTAA is dead project. I totally don't recommend using it, no support from the developer.

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I recommend just rendering everything twice as big and then scaling down. Post processing for offline probably shouldn't be done on the original frame - if you do not have a DLSS capable grpahics card or are not using HDRP.

However if you want to do it on the original frame size, and you have a recent nvidia card, then use DLSS 2, and ensure that it does not downscale first (100% for min and max). This gives you incredible antialiasing via AI.

For offline I doubt it can be beat by asset store or Unity. Quite a surprising amount of people still do not know this.

7. Yanus3D

Yanus3D

For offline rendering do not exist solution right now :(
    1. Rendering double resolution is not the solution - it wastes time and has a poor effect and consumes a lot of memory.
    2. Using DLSS in many cases creates artifacts and is not good or does not work with low-end computers.
    3. Having low/middle GPU cards - you are in trouble generally.

Welcome to GPU World :cool:

I have Ampere 3090 and still bouncing between the build-in AA Unity solution, CTAA, and SunFall and still facing what to do with Anti-Aliasing.

8. newguy123

newguy123

Does version 2 come with recent Unity version, or its 3rd party install/download?

9. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Go to Rendering > Dynamic Resolution and click Install NVIDIA Package.

I tested it on 2021.2 and above.