Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Unity 5 Sample Project issues

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by AndreaF, Mar 9, 2015.

1. AndreaF

AndreaF

I have downloaded Unity 5 and sample project from official Unity download link

I have opened the sample project and see a car game project.

I have tried to change the build setting to Android and I have build an APK.

When I have installed the apk on my tablet... surprise... the game is totally different is not the car game shown in the editor but a totally different 2D game

In addition the game is also bugged and the controller goes out of the screenj.

I am a totally noob and these are the first days that use Unity anyway looks very strange all this.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

You've got all of the sample scenes added to your build, and the engine automatically starts in scene 0.

Try removing all of the scenes from the build settings dialogue except the one labelled car.

Sometimes there is a menu scene as well, putting this as the scene 0 would also work. I haven't actually played with this project to know if there is a menu scene.

3. AndreaF

AndreaF

thanks for the answer... yes I have found a scene menu in the compiled project but unfortunately the other scenes won't start at all

so if the problem is that there are multiple scenes in the project why the editor opens the Car scene?
    where could I switch to another scene "in the editor"?

4. OboShape

OboShape

if your looking to open a scene up in the editor, ( i think this is where they are) look in the SampleScenes folder, from there you can see all the scenes in the game, and to open one up, double click it.