Search Unity

Official Games on PSVita

Discussion in 'PSM' started by StepEric, Apr 15, 2014.

1. StepEric

StepEric

Hi,
    I would like put a Offiicial Games of Unity like Kerbal Space Program (KSP) on PSVita with Unity Editor.
    Can we do it ?

2. GMM

GMM

Can you elaborate on what you are trying to achieve? It's not completely clear from the wording of this what it is you want to do.

3. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Haha yeh, first of all, is it your game? ;)

4. StepEric

StepEric

No, I'm just asking. That would be nice.

5. apiningakowntkuyn1

apiningakowntkuyn1

Are you asking if the creator of Kerbal Space Program will be able to port their PC game to Unity-for-PSM?

6. StepEric

StepEric

If you could edit the official games and then create the .psdp file

7. StepEric

StepEric

I can't edit the officials games myself ?

8. apiningakowntkuyn1

apiningakowntkuyn1

I don't think so. I believe you need the game's source code to do that.

9. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

It's also slightly illegal to use someone else's game and re-release it haha, your best going to there website/twitter/email, and ask them about them doing it.
    Start a petition, or group or something to help convince them. Otherwise your just going to have to play the rest of the awesome Unity-PSM games coming soon ;)

10. StepEric

StepEric

I didn't know that it is illegal.

11. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Is it legal for me to drive your car without asking permission?

To get KSP on Vita, you'll need to contact Squad, and ask them if they will sell you a license to their game. Assuming they are happy to do this, and you are happy to pay them the money they ask for, then you can receive their Unity project and make the port to Vita. If you do want to go down this route, I suspect that you will need to do a lot of homework on how much revenue a Vita port of KSP might make, and what percentage of this should go to you as the dude who did the porting work, and what percentage should go to Squad as the developer/owner/license holder of KSP. Given that KSP is aimed at desktop machines, porting to a handheld device is likely to involve a lot of work, both on the art, and script sides.

12. StepEric

StepEric

If it pays, I do not do it.
    thank for your post .

13. PeterD

PeterD

Didn't get that part but, if you want to see Kerbal on Vita, then contact the team and ask if they have any plans for this. If not and you want to do the port work yourself, then there is no real harm in asking if you can work with them to do this. The worst that can happen is they say no (admittedly the most likely outcome).

However, that really is the only legitimate way you'll get this game onto vita short of doing a clone. Kerbal is effectively a spores/space race style game so it shouldn't be too difficult to do something similar but, different enough to have your own stamp on it. Just means you'll have to put in the hours instead of having th game handed to you.