Search Unity

Office Bowling

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by TBYG, Mar 27, 2012.

1. TBYG

TBYG

Hello all,

I figured it was time we made a WIP post to possibly help get some interest in our project.

Our team is comprised of myself (learning programming) and cgunby12 (artist). This is our first project together, and so far it's coming along nicely.

Critique is very welcome.

Current WebPlayer build

Some ScreenShots to get peek your interest;

We have plans for 19 more levels, and some unlock able features as well. There will be different obstacles (already coded and modeled) and the levels will become more difficult as you progress.

We have hired Somersaultsofa to redo our main menu theme and have someone in mind for our other various sound effects.

The target platform will be iOS/Android and either a Web or Flash build.

P.S. - We are actively looking for someone to join our team to help with modeling and textures.

Cheers!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. PrvtHudson

PrvtHudson

Hey, that is fun. lol

Throw in some more randomness. Two people stop in the hall to talk for a second. Hallwalker stops to tie shoes. Janitor mops floor and puts up wet floor sign that stops everything. Janitor put up ladder that you can knock down.

Only hit one pin, gets mad and kicks the other ones down. Blushes from embarrassment.

If you lean on the turn button too much, the chair flips over and bounces off the walls.

3. welby

welby

It's cute! Good job.

I second some of the ideas above ^^^^

Also,..this may not apply,..but I just had a random thought,...if you decide to have 'upGrades' or something to buy,...use a Vending machine :p

cheers

4. TBYG

TBYG

Thanks for the feedback!

We do plan to have more levels before release. Some of our obstacles will include: MailGuy/Girl(walking around with a mail cart), Wet Floor(will cause you to spin out), CopY Machine(shoots paper at you and covers the camera), Soda Machine(shoots a soda can and explodes upon impact), Extension Cord(if you don't jump it, you fall on your face), Box Fan(if you move to close to it, it blows you backwards). All of this is already coded and modeled - just waiting on the artist to model the next levels to put them in.

These are the icons that will pop up when starting the level with the new obstacle. They will have a brief description:

After completing certain levels you will unlock a new skin for your character:

5. EvilAlienOmega

EvilAlienOmega

I was a little disappointed when I played the game and realized that I wasn't trying to hit the people, but other than that looks good. I like the art and concept.

6. Corypeter

Corypeter

Should we do pottery for our office party, or bowling?

7. TBYG

TBYG

New demo with levels 1-5. It isn't textured yet, but would like to get some more feedback on additional gameplay.

DEMO

Thanks!

EDIT** - We are also now officially a company! The Backyard Games LLC.

We are also still looking for a texture artist. PM for details, or find me on Skype - Ruin1082

8. TBYG

TBYG

New Demo with an additional level.

Also changed it from 10 frames per level to 5. We were thinking 10 frames per level was a bit long. We'd appreciate some feedback on this idea. Would you prefer 5 frames to 10?

Thanks!