Search Unity

[Save $600 offer !✅] Particle Dynamic Magic URP -Advanced FX Framework (Decal, Particle, Spline, AI)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Apr 8, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Particle Dynamic Magic 2

Particle Dynamic Magic 2 is a global gameobject, decal, particle & spline control and effect creation framework, that will cover most needs in your effect making pipeline. It is made for easy understanding every module so it can be extended and is working directly in Unity editor with full compatibility for all Shuriken effects in the Asset Store. The 300+ advanced dynamic effects library is a free bonus !!! a first in the industry offer at that price point. Join the revolution today !!!

The system is super optimized with Multithreading, Pooling, Custom Static/Dynamic Batching and Single Source Distribution for ultimate performance.

Special FX summary: Heat seaking missiles, chain lightning, fire cast & propagation, gameobject particle painting, physics based splines, particle to particle collisions and there are more to be added.

Make sure to grab the pack while still in v.1.7 !!!

v2.0 is a epic update that brings the pack to a whole new level. The new price will be $90 (currently $70)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

2D collisions and shaders. Turbulence applied in 2ond pic

New spectacular ready to use effects in v2.0 (more than 300 ready to use advanced effects library !!!)

Manipulators and AI summary (WIP) for PDM 2.0

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  3. nasos_333

nasos_333

-------- End of month offer !!! --------

The next Particle Dynamic Magic purshase with a written review will get a voucher for Toon Effects Maker ($50 worth) !!!! which is the perfect companion to cover all the particle, 2D and cartoon needs.

Make sure to grab Particle Dynamic Magic at the current low price, before the behemoth v2.0 update is submitted (price will go up to $90).

The offer lasts until the end of the month. Please post here and email (artengame@yahoo.com) the voucher of the pack to be eligible for the offer. The entry time is considered the purshase and not the review date.

Enjoy :)

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

OFFER EXTENDED FOR JUNE !!!!

Every new purshase of Particle Dynamic Magic with a written review, is eligible for a free Toon Effects Maker give away (not voucher, all later updates availlable on demand), with a review for the pack.

Make sure to grab Particle Dynamic Magic at the current low price, before the behemoth v2.0 update is submitted (price will go up to $90).

Toon Effects Maker packs left: 2/2

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  5. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I have seen that the link for Particle Dynamic Magic does not work, it goes to the home page of the asset store, although the link URL is right but for some reason, at least for me using Firefox 38 it not showing, and I must hit enter key to see the Particle Dynamic page

This is the link for the Particle Dynamic Magic

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/16175

And it happens the same with the Toon Effects Maker

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/30849

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PARTICLE AND TOON?

By the way I have seen both and I have bought the Particle Dynamic Magic, but do not understand what is the difference with the Toon Effect Maker

Does it mean that by the name it makes the effects look like toon?
    Are the effects included different to Particle pack?
    What has Toon pack that Particle pack does not have?

Thanks

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have to admit the naming of Toon Maker is a bit misleading and hides a bit the full functionality offered by the pack. The toon name is because the samples and the ocean system are toon oriented, but the pack is a global effect creation tool.

It is a companion to PDM for making the particle effects before entering the dynamic effects in PDM, so its functionality is that of a particle effect maker (something like the FX Maker asset).

The core of the effect making is a system to copy particle properties from another particle individually.

There is a big library of effects to copy properties from when making the custom systems, so it is easy to create a custom effect by combining the properties of multiple other components.

There is also a toon ocean system for spectacular toon oceans and a sprite sheet creator for converting anything (3D or 2D) to sprite sheets, for use with animation system or particles. A mouse path recording system is also available to register custom particle paths and play them out in game mode.

Also the editor has options for putting together complete effects with light, sound, text and projectile functionality etc

There are also many extra systems, like a beam and beam reflection system and much more.

Then these effects can be used like any other Shuriken particle in the store and are of course compatible to extend with all kind of cool effects with Particle Dynamic Magic.

There is very little overlap with PDM (specifically the aura effect, the procedural shield effect, a few toon effects that were made for this pack (like 30 out of the 200 provided) and were included in PDM library as a bonus and pretty much nothing else)

The pack also contains some cool environment templetes with complete effects, like a toon underwater scene and lava area scene (both can be sampled in the demo)

I will check why the links dont work, it has happened before and still cant tell what the reason is. Thanks for letting me know.

EDIT: It is trully impossible to move to the pages with the links, so i changed it to go to my global publisher page where all assets are listed instead.

EDIT 2: I bolded the major points, so it is easier to read the description. As with all my packs the Toon Maker is also a behemoth one, with lots of functionality and cool stuff to use, it is hard to even describe what is in there :) (though it is 10 times harder to describe what will be in the new Particle Dynamic Magic 2.0 update :) )

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Every new purshase of Particle Dynamic Magic with a written review, is eligible for a free Toon Effects Maker give away (not voucher, all later updates availlable on demand), with a review for the pack.

Toon Effects Maker packs left: 2/2

8. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

hey, can I get Toon Effects Maker? Just saw your offer, bought PDM right away :D I probably will bother u again with PDM questions :p

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sure, in fact i can grand a voucher i had left from the previous month offer :), i will PM the voucher asap.

Thanks for buying :)

The new v2.0 is a true behemoth one and will offer a Unity 5 native version as well. Also i just finished puting the final touches a few hours ago and gearing for submission, so it may appear on the store this week (sometimes review takes longer though).

Also i am always open to questions :), i keep constant contact with many customers for hints and tips (even outside the packs) and is a great experience since it keeps making the packs better.

EDIT: I cant send a PM, so let me know an email to send the voucher

ikemen_blueD likes this.
  10. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

email sent, sorry I never used PM on Unity Forum before. Maybe I need to turn on some settings, anyway, I emailed u.

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Email has been sent, if there is any issue with the voucher please let me know

A review for Toon Effects Maker would also be greatly appreaciated :)

12. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

sure, I will write more constructive reviews when I have time working on both of your system. Currently, I'm busy of messing around with Voxel stuff, and they are so much fun to play with.

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

That would be great :), reviews help a lot with bringing the updates faster and with more content

You use a specific voxel pack from the store or a custom system ?

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Toon Effects Maker packs left: 1/2

15. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

right now, I'm only interested with Voxel Animation, currently playing with PicaVoxel ;)

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Interesting pack, I will check it out.

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Particle Dynamic Magic 2 is a global gameobject, decal, particle & spline control and effect creation framework, that will cover most needs in your effect making pipeline. It is made for easy understanding every module so it can be extended and is working directly in Unity editor with full compatibility for all Shuriken effects in the Asset Store. The 300+ advanced dynamic effects library is a free bonus !!! a first in the industry offer at that price point. Join the revolution today !!!

The system is super optimized with Multithreading, Pooling, Custom Static/Dynamic Batching and Single Source Distribution for ultimate performance.

Special FX summary: Heat seaking missiles, chain lightning, fire cast & propagation, gameobject particle painting, physics based splines, particle to particle collisions and there are more to be added.

Particle Dynamic Magic v2.0 has been submitted to the store !!!

The demo is also released !!!!

Particle Dynamic Magic v2.0 demo
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Particle Dynamic Magic 2/PDM 2.0 DEMO.html

Feedback on the demo would be most welcome :)

Note that the demo right side menu cycles through the major categories (Decals, Ribbons, AI etc) and the left side menu cycles through the effects in each of these categories. A demo with a cleaner GUI that will also enumerate the effects in the subcategories will be added soon.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  18. nasos_333

nasos_333

Free asset giveaway!
    Every month, we will be giving away this or one of our other assets (ARTnGame Unity Store) to one lucky follower. Follow us on Twitter @Artengame to stay updated and retweet about your favourite ARTnGame asset to have the chance to win!

19. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

WOW!! The demo for Particle Dynamic Magic v2.0 looks amazing and awesome, like very much all the effects that can be seen and are beautiful and great.

Thanks very much for explaining this in full detail and long answer, now I can understand it

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    nasos_333 likes this.
  20. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks :), i hope i can increase the artistic quality factor even more in later releases as well

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

@SpaceRay

Particle Dynamic Magic v2.0 is up at the Unity Asset Store !!!!

Enjoy one of the biggest dynamic systems & effects collection in the gaming industry, in a single super pack.

The pack will be named "Pan Dynamic Magic ULTIMATE: Decal, Particle, Spline, AI control & dynamics" later this week.

22. Duffer123

Duffer123

@nasos_333 ,
    looking at buying this asset. . There is mention of water effects but only for Unity Pro.? . To be honest, I still haven't made up my mind re a decent water (rivers, lakes, waterfalls, seas, oceans) asset. . Aside for all the other reasons to buy this, what can it bring to the party re water? If not enough, are you going to have a cracking at a water asset on the back of the wonderful Sky Master Pro?

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Particle Dynamic Magic has water particles, but not true liquid simulation, so it is just an effect with various techniques. Also supports water proxy in 2D with 2D colliders and Liquid Proxy (same logic, try to come close to liquid sim but with tricks and no DX11 need)

I also have an ocean system in Toon Effects Maker and the Unity 5 water setup in Sky Master. I do plan to enchance the water in Sky Master later, but is not a priority and i have not put much thought or work on that yet.

With Unity 5 you can use the refractive stylistic water included in PDM2.0 too (or with Unity 4 Pro).

There is also a particle to partcile collision system, so this can also be used to emulate water behavor, always as an approximation.

2D Fluid Proxy

24. Duffer123

Duffer123

@nasos_333 , thanks, I'll look in to the SkyMaster Pro implimentation...

25. Duffer123

Duffer123

@nasos_333

How many template particles come with this? Can you post some of the fire particles? And more re the Shields etc on YouTube here?

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

Fire effects v2.0 - Dynamic extinguishable locally fire with Turbulence.

Fire effects v2.0 - Detail shader fire that uses few particles and lots of inner particle detail

Volume lit particles (Shader Model 2.0, coming soon in Particle Dynamic Magic v2.1)

You can sample most of the effects in the demos in the store page. The latest fire effects can be found in PDM2.0 demo.

There are now more than 300 ready to use effects in Particle Dynamic Magic v2.0 that showcase all the system capabilities.

Volumetric lit fire/smoke is also ready (SM2.0) and will be released with v2.1 of PDM.

Latest video

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  28. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  29. nasos_333

nasos_333

30. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Hello, I have seen the scene where there is some flying butterflies, and I wonder if these could be replaced with evil little flying aliens that I could be able to shoot at with my weapon and so they could be killed, or is not possible to do this with this kind of particle system, maybe because they should contain rigidbody?

Sorry if this sounds silly, as I really do not have enough experience and knowledge about particles and what can be done and what can not be done with them.

Thanks for any help

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

These are gameobject particles, so you can do anything, like attach rigidbodies, scripts, skinned-animated creatures etc

Also i do checks for deletion (that is when ice melts for example and dissapears), so i guess should be fine killing them as well (but have not tested that exact scenario yet)

I have a prefab that the butterflies will also shoot when a target is on view and use the new decal system for bullet holes etc, plus the new AI system that will make them avoid obstacles, even when forces are applied to them from the particle backsystem.

Generally the system is very versatile and pretty much anything is possible :). If you come across any issue while implementing a specific arrangement, i can always help as well.

32. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Thanks very much for your good and well done answer, and for the good news that it seems to be possible

Also very interesting what you said the butterflies could also SHOOT when a target is on view, this would be really cool

Will try it later and see what I can do

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

I just tested the system and i cannot erase the butterflies directly, so there will be some extra coding needed for that behavior. I will check what is needed and include it in the next update.

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

I updated the propagation script for deletion, so it is now possible to erase directly from the swarm.

It required a small null check and some extra removals when something is deleted (just a few lines of code changed/added)

If you dont want to wait for the next update, i can send the new hotfix right away as well.

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last days for the Particle Dynamic Magic 2 sale !!!

Original price will be up next week

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

PDM2.0 in action, mesh emission blast with Turbulence and local gravity

Mild and heavy blast

Local gravity draws blast particles

38. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

WOW!!! The one on the first video at 0:30 is the best one that looks really well and awesome effect with the source colors of the mesh on the particles, very good explosion effect and moving particles in very good way, the different size of particles and behavior.

Also like much how it begins the explosion that makes it it even more realistic.

Sorry, being picky, could the particles at the end (of the 0:30 part) fade away more instead of just dissapearing but only at the very end (between 0:35 and 0:36)?

Or maybe make them more smaller each time until dissapearing, Or maybe make a transition from color to transparent to give the effect of dissapearing gradually but as said, only at the very end (between 0:35 and 0:36)

You are surely a great creator and have creative and good ideas, and know well how to make them. Lovely

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    nasos_333 likes this.
  39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Super offer for this friday !!!

Buy and review Advanced FX Creator or Particle Dynamic Magic (both on -30% sale) and get Toon Effects Maker for free !!!!

One pack left and will be granted to the next purchase & review for either Advanced FX Creator or Particle Dynamic Magic packs.

40. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Can I also use the Particle Magic to emit 3D meshes or 3D game objects instead of 2D particles?

Very good to know, that you have done Particle Magic so it can emit any kind of particle, even meshes, I thought that it would need a different particle script.

Thanks very much, but absolutely opposite to you that you are the expert god and king of particles, I have really very little experience for using particles and still have to learn a LOT about how they work and how to customize them.

Will see what I can do.

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi SpaceRay,

I have revised the effect to use meshes for emission and i will polish it a bit more and send it over soon. I will post a video of it so you can evaluate the look first.

42. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

If you say that Particle Magic can emit meshes, and I know that you can make the particle be around and attached to a mesh surface, (or I do not know if maybe they can be contained inside the interior of a mesh) I wonder If it could be done something like the screenshot shown below, where there is a man made all with only single sticks of green crystal glass, I mean it seems to be a man mesh filled with these sticks.

And I suppose and maybe think that if this would be possible, you could also animate that man mesh like a real man, if the mesh belong to a mecanim ready character.

What I suggested I think is simple, have the same effect you have already done very well, but replacing the 2D particles with a 3D mesh particle, and that you could modify and change this 3D particle as you want, I suggested to make it cubes as it would be the easiest, and then after I could change it to any other similar. The size of them would be the same as the one that is already done with the 2D particles.

Thanks really very much for the time you take knowing that you are very busy, and I appreciate it much and sorry for being and sorry for being a noob in particles sytems (but wanting to learn much), and I admire your expert knowledge and skills and all the amazing and awesome things you are able to do with particles.

I wish you all the best and will be waiting to see all the wonderful things you are able to make and for the Pandora effects pack and any other thing you can make as surely it will be very well done.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  43. nasos_333

nasos_333

The sticks should be trivial to do. Particle Dynamic Magic can take this a step further and animate the gameobjects with shader or script (shader is faster but less controllable), like the feathers demo. Also can animate using the normal direction or a wind + normal blending, os it can emulate the feather stiffness near their base.

I will add such a setup as well and send it over asap, i will PM when it is ready

44. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Thanks very much for your very fast answer and the good news about the stick man that is possible and easy to do from your experience

I have to say that this stick man is NOT related to the previous explosion effect, as the other one is based on a skinned mesh render of a real 3D character, and this would be a different thing.

If you are telling me that you can make a stick man like the screenshot AND also animate these gameobjects I now wonder if you can also make that the stick man can be EXPLODING with the sticks expanding away, WITHOUT breaking the sticks

Thanks really very much for your work and for sending it, I will be waiting for it when you can

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

Here is a sample of the new blast and stick man.

46. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

WOW!! This looks very good and great and the explosion does not look anymore like 2D particles!!!

I suposse that the stick man is only the first test, and it looks very well, but the sticks should be all over the man shape, and I think that you may be able to control how many sticks are inside the man and how separate each stick is from the next one so you can make them less or more amount and less or more "crowded" of sticks

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sure, anything can be done, more sticks based on the mesh and texture and also i could program it to move sticks inwards (this is not supported in the current version) or you can use a copy of the system with a smaller scale if the offset can be a set value.

48. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Sorry, for my less skills to understand, but I really do not understand what you mean that I could use a copy of the system with a smaller scale IF the offset can be a set value

If I understand correctly, to do what I have suggested to have more or less sticks means that you need to modify and and spend more time program it even more?

Or maybe, I am wrong, and when you say that the sticks to move INWARDS do you mean to be INSIDE the mesh itself and not only on the outside of the mesh?

I do not want that the sticks on the man mesh may move or be animated, they should be fixed, and should move the man parts with the sticks contained inside.

At least for me the only thing that would be animated is only when the man is hit by a bullet or on collision, that the sticks (the full shape of the stick) would be separated and exploding outward without turbulence.

49. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Sorry if my first answer was wrong, I have changed my previous answer, because I think I wrote it wrong the first time, and I did not understand it right, I still do not understand but do not want that you get confused or have to do more things because of my inexperience

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

Ok, i will try to get the described effect and get back with a video soon