Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Save $600 offer !✅] Particle Dynamic Magic URP -Advanced FX Framework (Decal, Particle, Spline, AI)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Apr 8, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE :

A few issues that came to my attention:

(Advanced FX Creator version)
    1. If the below error appears while playing the Angry Bots demo, please install the attached hotfix file linked at the end of the message:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    SetCheckpoint.OnTriggerEnter (UnityEngine.Collider other) (at Assets/AngryBots/Scripts/
    Modules/SetCheckpoint.js:7)

(Both versions)
    2. When install first time, appears a Shader error in 'Particle Dynamic Magic/Transparent/Diffuse for Shadow F1': 'vert': function return value missing semantics at line 171 (on d3d11_9x) appears

This shader is left for legacy purposes (so error appears only once when install and no longer) and the shader may be removed as well as they are meant for Unity 4 (Particle Dynamics Magic -> Version 2.0 -> Shaders -> Unity 4 folder -> TranspDiffuseForShadowedFPDM.shader file).

Advanced FX Creator on -50% discount for a limited time

Attached Files:

2. Alverik

Alverik

Hi, I'm kinda new here, and I was wondering, are there any workflow video tutorials available for the asset?

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, there is no video tutorial for the system, i mainly have many samples with various levels of complexity to get started on and i can help with any effect needed, as the scripts can have many different uses and tutorials that cover them all are hard to create. Video tutorials are planned, but i cant tell when the majority will be available.

I will try to create more step by step tutorials on PDF, i have one for the decal system in the Particle Dynamic Magic folder as well describing the procedure to get the most complex decal dynamics. The other plan is to create a global configurator that will setup the effects with a step by step approach, this will come later in next updates of the pack.

Alverik likes this.
  4. Alverik

Alverik

Cool. Also, I think some very basic tutorials would help anyone new to the asset, or to using particle effects dynamically in general. I Haven't finished reading the manual yet, but the ones in the documentation feel a little too overwhelming (killer butterfly), too much information in one go, too many terms or jargon, and without first looking at the basic workflow... a list of very basic tutorials, like with the most simple things you can achieve with the asset, would really help a lot before heading to more complex ones...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  5. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

@nasos_333 still new to your system. Just checking it quickly. I admit "Particle Dynamic Magic", the name, that did not ping point correctly this system's beast ability, which is not just another custom particle system, but a whole Game Objects, Particles Dynamic Manipulation/Scattering framework. I have 1 complain so far:

1) I wish to have a clean Particle Dynamic Magic pack. 200 effects are super cool to get me study your system quickly. But, when I'm done with the learning curve, I want to import PDM as clean, small as possible to my projects. And, right now so many prefabs, materials, Standard Asset scripts, textures, etc. that I'm not going to use but going along with it.

1 quick question:

1) You mentioned "Advanced collisions module, allows for particle to particle collision for effects like mage duels". Do you mean a Particle can collide with another Particle, since Shuriken cannot do it? And, I really want a Particle can collide with another Particle. In which demo, should I check for particle collisions? Any tips for better performance for particles collisions?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The issue with video tutorials is that the system has so many possibilities that is hard to present a thorough tutorial series in videos, so i have created the very extended library of ready to use effects to have as base and reference for the various functioanlities, and use of the guide to pinpoint needed variables needed to differentiate the effect, if not clear by the inspector and testing.

That said, if a specific functionality is needed i usually implement it and offer it as a addition to the pack later as well and can create video tutorials per case if a specific system is required to be clarified further.

Here is a few videos i created from user request, covering one of the systems:

And two more showcasing some possibilies with the collisions and emission:

About the import of smaller project, that is possible by exporting a package with only the items needed (e.g. place the needed prefabs in a scene and export only the related items). The assets also wont be used in the actual game if not in the scenes (unity cleans the final build) so only the development project size would be affected.

The particle to particle collision is indeed or colliding two particle systems (which is not possible with shuriken to me knowledge) and works by emitting colliders at the particle positions that collider with the other system's particles. You can open the library to see ready prefabs with the effect (Window -> Particle Dynamic Magic -> Librart 1 -> "Fire and Ice" section -> Particle to Particle collision icons) or use my demo scene in Angry Bots and enable the "Flame-Ice duel" effect with the relevant button and can cast the ice using the Rght Mouse button towards the fire emitting near the doorway to see the interaction.

I have exported the Angry Bots implementation and will send a link soon.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    ikemen_blueD likes this.
  7. davide445

davide445

Testing various particle systems I want to achieve this

Looking at this system many effects appear to be cartoon like, will be possible to achieve these subtle and elegant effects?
    Also I'm interested mostly in creating videos using cutscenes editor such as SLATE, will ne possible to bake the animation so to import it?

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The materials can be anything, so it is possible to get the subtle shading. The turbulence and emitting from meshes are also possible.

The only thing that is tricky is the gradual nature of the effects presented in the videos, in both appearence time and physics (e.g. the sand is not uniformly falling down, while in my system in the default mode would fall down if gravity is applied to all particles)

There is two methods that could be used, one is to apply a changing texture mask to the mesh, the system supports dynamic masked mesh emission, so you could achieve the first effect by applying the particles to a rectangular mesh, animating a texture that will give that gradual effect and inserting in in play time in the script gradually per frame in the mask variable (or frames to be more efficient)

The sand effect can also be achieved by not using gravity in the particle, but rather a gravity node which will attract the particles increasing its influence radius to get the gradual effect. This wont though emulate the downwards only motion (it is a motion towards a node), so minor coding might be required to lock the particle motion to only Y axis, or lock the particle axis from Shuriken.

I can work on a local gravity node effect as well and send it over, this would apply a gravity using a radius and fade out, that would help achieve the 2ond effect, after emitting the particles from the mesh.

The animation cannot be baked, so each time needs to be played in real time.

davide445 likes this.
  9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

About the use of the effects in cutscenes, another possibility is to record the effect in texture and play it back at cutscene time in various ways (play back as animation or adapt to a particle etc)

I have such a system in my other particle creation system (Particle Dynamic Magic is focused on particle FX and manipulation) Toon Effects Maker.

This system can record animation in sprite sheets with proper transparency (so can go all out in the effect and use many particles to get the best result) and this makes it possible to play back an effect with zero additional performance cost.

For many particles this is imo the best way, as recording vast number of particle positions and playing in real time can also be very heavy, even if the other FX are not in place, while writing to a texture and play back has no particle count related cost, so the number can be anything.

This method is good for cut scenes since you control the camera and can have a static moment or view, in which case could be the ideal solution to use the texture record method.

I can send a voucher for Toon Effects Maker as i have many to check out the system.

This is the system and a demo for the sheet creation:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/30849

Sprite sheet making demo:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Toon Effects Maker/Demo v1.0/TEM DEMO SHEET.html

Also the method can write any object-animation to sprite sheet, for baking objects or animations to sheets other than particles.

Another thing in Particle Dynamic Magic is the emission from image, this may also be used to emulate the 1st video effect, by altering the texture in real time (instead of masked mesh emission). There is a lot of demos to check functionality in, included in the root of the project and in Version 1.2 and Version 1.5 folders, in scenes folders.

10. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Hi, Nasos

I'm wondering that If I can make effect like rope or spider web by using ribbon particle.

1.Stick the start of Ribbon particle to emitter and the end of it to collided object.
    2.It would sway affected by effectors like gravity or wind.
    3.Ribbon length would stretched if it could be.
    4.It would disappear with falloff or animated.

How can I make an effect like mentioned above?

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

I would not recommend the ribbon for this, as its main use is for dynamic trajectories and not static ropes.

I have done dynamic rope using the spline system, attaching dynamics to the dynamic spline nodes and a particle emitter to the spline, i also attached flags in the system (for castles etc) and also made a rope system out of it with grapling etc

Though this sample is integrated in one of my projects and would take a bit to split, i can do so (probably will have time the weekend) and send it over to have as sample.

Also i have a fix for the Ribbons for Unity 5.4+, which solves an issue where Ribbons sometimes seems to dissapear momentarily, let me know and i can send this asap in Google Drive download

12. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Thank you for quick replying!

What can I do for the step do you think to make effect like"Spiderman" or "Zelda" using dynamic spline system?
    I just want to make a spline to bridge toward A and B using missile, or like stepping on gum on the street.

If it could to move like actors mentioned above, it would be funny I think, but I know it is my business.;)

I think that is excellent for give publicity to potential of your asset!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  13. nasos_333

nasos_333

The spline has an option for real time controls, which can then be manupilated as needed, e.g. add physics to the sperical nodes or move them around. I used this to effectively emulate rope (e.g. stressed rope holding flags or grapling hook rope)

14. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Hi,Nasos

Thank you for continous support!

Would you send me demo scene about that if it possible? It seems that you already made contents similar to my purpose. I think, in-game use cases are best way for understand what can I do with dynamic spline.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Yes, i will try to separate the system and send it over as soon as possible. I am between many projects, so this might take a bit in this very busy period, but i will try to find time to do it as soon as i find a time window.

Ryuichi173 likes this.
  16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I have finished the ropes demo and added a flag sample with cloth attached to the ropes as well.
    I will upload the new version tomorrow.

17. grayson_kb

grayson_kb

Hi!
    How do you control the size of the particles when they're being attached to a spline, like in Prefab_3 of your pack?
    I'd like to be able to change the goal size of the particle along the path based on which spline point it's at so that I can generate something akin to this image: http://imgur.com/sQrrSUh
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

You can adjust the "Reduce_factor" variable in the "PlaceParticleOnSpline" script, to control the size gradually along the spline. Let me know if this works for your case as well.

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Particle Dynamic Magic v2.3 is now ready for download. This new version is for Unity 5.6 and addresses various issues with it (ribbons fix, fix issue with multithreading, transitions issues in particles etc). Note that warnings related to Unity 5.6 are not yet handled (as are not critical and the system works 100% with them), these will also be handled for the final v2.3 store submission (so the store submission will take some extra time).

Also the new version has many new effects, including multi emission from meshes with a single particle, various blast samples and scripts (e.g. convert defeated enemy to energy orb and dissolve it), a blob effect in shader for near auras to merge smoothly, rope effects and combination with cloth, new fish demo and new bend shader system for more realism in fish motion and much more (plus demo scenes for all new effects).

20. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  22. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on new v2.5 effects.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  23. nasos_333

nasos_333

A new version for Unity 2018 is now available for download in Google Drive, for Particle Dynamic Magic and Advanced FX Creator. Please provide the invoice in a PM and i will send the link asap.

Both systems are on -30% discount.

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

25. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Hey,
    the powerful tool for unity particles.
    Can this type of particle possible with your tool?

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I suppose yes, you can set a particle to traverse a spline and restart from the spline start point for example

27. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Thanks.

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

A Unity 2018 version is ready for download, for everyone that may use the latest version.

Let me know in a PM if the 2018 version is needed.

29. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Does this work well with VR? Has anyone tried it with VR yet?

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

The system uses Shuriken, so should work as good as those do in VR. There is no vr specific setup or requirement and effects do not generally use the camera as dependency so multiple cameras should work by default.

Though i have not tried the system in VR.

StevenPicard likes this.
  31. nasos_333

nasos_333

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

Effects using turbulence and spline based emission, in combination with the latest Shuriken options

34. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I had forgot about this and I have found it again and is very good and you can do awesome things with this. I wish you all the best and that you can keep working and it and that many people is able to buy and use it.

nasos_333 likes this.
  35. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks :), i sure plan even more things for the system and the eventual hdrp and urp conversion. Also a gpu based particle system is also in the works.

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Big offers !!!

InfiniGRASS is now at -92% discount for all Sky Master ULTIMATE users !!
    ($5 instead of $60 normal price) for a limited time.

Particle Dynamic Magic is $5 upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE and Advanced FX Creator $5 upgrade from PDM.

Also InfiniCLOUD is on -50% sale !!! and upgradable to Sky Master ULTIMATE for $5 (-93% off disc

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

38. nasos_333

nasos_333

April 2021 ARTnGAME big offers !!!!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE users can upgrade to the following ARTnGAME assets for only $5 for a limited time and to InfiniGRASS for only $15 !!!

Upgrade:
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to InfiniGRASS - $15.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Ethereal- $5.00

Sky Master ULTIMATE to InfiniTREE - Procedural Forest Creation & Optimization - $5.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Advanced FX Creator - Decals, Particles, Radiosity & Splines - $5.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Particle Dynamic Magic 2: Decal, Spline, AI Particles & dynamics - $5.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Sun Shafts SRP Beta - $5.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Volumetric Fog SRP Beta - $5.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to InfiniCLOUD HDRP - URP, Volumetric clouds & particles - $5.00

InfiniGRASS users can also upgrade to Sky Master ULTIMATE for only $25.
    Enjoy :)

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

(* All images use only ARTnGAME assets, no other asset is required)

Sky Master ULTIMATE, Ethereal and InfiniGRASS are now on -50% Discount in Unity asset store Spring SALE !!!!!!!!!! - Ethereal is a $5 upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE.

Special Secret Sale Offers for the duration of the sale !!!

Upgrade from
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to InfiniGRASS for only $15, to InfiniTREE for only $9 and to Advanced FX Creator or Particle Dynamic Magic for only $9 !!!!!

Enjoy :)

40. Hemath

Hemath

Hi there! Is there any update on working in URP? This plugin seems amazing and I'm looking forward to using it in URP!
    Besides, I'm wondering how many particles can the plugin support?

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

A full URP conversion is planned, though the system core scripting is based on Shuriken, so can in most of the systems just change the shader in the particles to URP or HDRP one, or even use the automatic conversion Unity offers (except very few shaders that are custom)

The system uses Shuriken directly, so supports as many as Shuriken allows per case.

Let me know for any further questions.

42. Hemath

Hemath

Thanks for your reply! I see. And you've said, "also a GPU based particle system is also in the works". Does it mean that the current system will use GPU in the future, or it is another system?

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

That one is another system, as it overrides Shuriken, though this one is still under development, so will be a while, given that the work was mainly done for standard pipeline, so porting to URP and HDRP makes it like remaking another asset altogether, so cant say even when and if that system will come eventually, as Unity created a huge problem with the totally incompatible and breaking everything pipelines.

Particle dynamic magic is mostly scripting of the Shuriken, so is much easier to port to pipelines or use the Standard one with other pipeline materials.

44. Hemath

Hemath

Get it! Looking forward to your new work~~ Wish you all the best :-D

45. Hemath

Hemath

Hi nasos~
    I'm trying to control PDM using scripts so that many functions can be enabled in runtime. I try to implement that function: when clicking on a button, a new gameobject attached with particle system is made and some PDM components are also attached.

I'm trying with ParticleCollisionPDM and ParticlePropagationPDM, and I'm sure that the parameters are correct. When I make gameobject, attach components, set parameters in the editor by myself, and then enter play mode, everything works fine. The particles can collide with mesh and spawn new particles and also new mesh on hit points.

But when I make the procedure "make gameobject, attach components, set parameters" in the script and enter play mode, the Start function in ParticlePropagationPDM will raise a warning message in the line "for(int i=0; i<Registered_paint_positions.Count;i++)", and then pass the rest of the function. The warning message says that "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object", and I find Registered_paint_positions is NULL. I also noticed that ParticlePropagationPDM can be activated in edit mode, and is that the reason? Can you give me any advice? I'm stuck here for a long time... Thanks so much!

46. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Can you send me a very basic test scene and your script and i can check.

Cant tell without look at the code for this as is a rather complex system.

Best,
    Nasos

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

Try also initialize the list if not done in my script, before anything in start code

If Registered_paint_positions == null
    Registered_paint_positions = new List<vector3>();

Check if null first, as this might erase editor placed positions

Or can try init directly when the public variable is declared, outside any function

48. Hemath

Hemath

I have tried "init directly when the public variable is declared", then the warning message disappears but no propagation is implemented in the scene.

Here is my test scene and test script. Thank you very much for your quick reply!

Attached Files:

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

HI,

TestCollision script seems to be empty

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

Try with this system i have put in the scene, it works from scratch to place and propagate particles.

I inserted it directly from the prefabs library, also tested by disable it and enable at run time and seems to work also properly.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021