Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Save $600 offer !✅] Particle Dynamic Magic URP -Advanced FX Framework (Decal, Particle, Spline, AI)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Apr 8, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks :), i plan more offers soon. Sky Master vouchers are still up for grabs, so if i have vouchers left after the PDM deals, i will make a give away for those too. You can watch the Sky master thread (in my signature) i will post the offers there when and if they happen.

2. iamsam

iamsam

Thanks a lot for the offer! The games we design are mostly indoors so I will not be picking it up. Thanks a lot anyway and wish you a merry Christmas and happy new year.

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master has lots of particle systems that can also apply in indoors (Turbulence, Ice/fire propagation and painting etc) and some other parts of Particle Dynamic Magic, plus GI Proxy that does GI approximation in indoors & outdoors (see my sig for demo), so i think part of it could be very usefull for indoors as well.

Merry Christmas and happy new year from Greece :).

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

More cool features have been added and are coming in v.1.8. This update will be really huge :).

The system now support emission from multiple transforms, with various effects based on the transform direction and parenting.

The new demo will come soon and showcase many of the new features, like the above and the new dynamic masked Gameobject emission from skinned/animated objects.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    3dFoin and superwendel like this.
  6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Feather & Fire effects Webplayer Demo -
    Masked Gameobject particle emission from skinned mesh, for absolute freedom in particle control. Coming soon in Particle Dynamic Magic v1.8

Webplayer demo Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/PDM 18/PDM 18 DEMO 1.html

This is a demo of a few of the new systems in the upcoming Particle Dynamic Magic v1.8 update. It showcases the new Masked mesh emission that uses Gameobject particles for total control and the emission from multiple transforms (fire sample).

The Gameobject particles can be controlled like any other gameobject, so this enables scripted, animated and any other kind of particles, emitting from the numerous PDM sources (procedural - skinned - simple mesh, transforms, painted or projected positions, propagated positions etc) and affected by all available forces, turbulence and particle controls (Shuriken, transition manager etc)

3dFoin likes this.
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

8. 3dFoin

3dFoin

Always love to play your demos they're awesome XD

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

I cant wait to try the new monsters too, the lizard especially is incredible

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Normal prices will be submitted soon for the pack and will be active after the Store review process (usually take a few working days).

Make sure to grab your copy while the offer lasts !!!!

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last day of the offer, the new prices will be submitted in a few hours, so grab the pack while the sale lasts.

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have upgraded to the latest asset store tools and i cant find how to submit new prices.

Is there a new way to do it ? It only has a submit pack option and nothing for price etc

I tried the webpage and there is no option to edit (unless i miss it)

Thanks

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

FREE VOUCHER !!! (Granted)
    I have a voucher code left unclaimed for Sky Master ULTIMATE.

The next written review for Particle Dynamic Magic can claim it. Also a review/score for Sky Master would be great to have.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  15. toto2003

toto2003

just bought your asset today and let a review :) hope i ll be lucky enough to get the code voucher!
    cheers

nasos_333 likes this.
  16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great :), hope you enjoy the pack.

Send me an email in artengames@gmail.com with the invoice number and i will send the voucher.

About the batching, the next version will also get an even more powerfull multithreaded batcher, that can be used for a large number of items in real time too, plus shader based solution for things like grass motion, that can be applied over the batched items, for great wind etc effects with minimal cost.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Got the email wrong, it is artengames@gmail.com, got it confused with my yahoo one.

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

@toto2003

The voucher for the Sky Master ULTIMATE pack seems to have an issue, if it cant be restored i will create a new voucher and send it over.

19. MornFall

MornFall

I just posted a review as well !

20. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great, thanks :), i will send Sky Master code as soon as i can make it.

I have an issue with the vouchers page, i have been refreshing it all weekend and it is stuck. I am sure will soon be fixed, so i can provide the Sky Master code asap. I have sent messages to the forum and unity helpdesk, plus created two threads, so hopefully it will be fixed very soon.

Apologies for the inconvinience and any extra delay that may happen.

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Update on the Sky Master voucher issues. I have received an email back from Unity that the problem should have been resolved, but it still gets stuck in my voucher page, so i cannot issue the codes.

Please excuse the big delay and allow a few more days until the problem has been resolved.

Here is the reply.

Voucher page and vouchers not working - ARTnGame(NasosT.) account.
    [ ref:_00D20M42f._50020icO4D:ref ]

Hi There,

Thanks for the e-mail.
    This error should have been fixed by now, can you please try again?
    Let me know if you have any further problems.

Kind regards,
    Oscar.
    Unity Support

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Extra offer - GI Proxy vouchers

Since i have vouchers unused, the next two reviews for Particle Dynamic Magic, that will help the pack move forward, will receive GI Proxy vouchers for free !!!

Please also leave the name used in the review and an email to send the voucher here.

GI Proxy packs left: 2 / 2

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some of the new effects in the v1.8 library

Stars Collide

Please remember to leave a review for the pack, so i can work on bringing the next updates faster. I always see my packs as an investment developers make and every review increases this investment for everyone :) and helps me work faster on each update.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last day before normal price is submitted, grab Particle Dynamic Magic at 30% less !!!

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

Here is a quick fix for Unity 5, for anyone that needs to run the system in the new platform. Only one file needs update and a summary of the code changes required are listed below.

Quick fix for ParticleCollisionsPDM.cs

I think the line10 issue should be resolved automatically upon importing the script, but i am not sure.

Change:
    Code (csharp):
    1. L10   p11 = this.gameObject.particleSystem;
    2. to
    3. L10   p11 = GetComponent<ParticleSystem>();
    6. L17   collisionEvents = new ParticleSystem.CollisionEvent[1][];
    7. to
    8. L17   collisionEvents = new ParticleCollisionEvent[1][];
    11. L38   private ParticleSystem.ParticleCollisionEvent[][] collisionEvents;
    12. to
    13. L38   private ParticleCollisionEvent [][] collisionEvents;
    16. L204 collisionEvents[j] = new ParticleSystem.CollisionEvent[p11.safeCollisionEventSize];
    17. to
    18. L204 collisionEvents[j] = new ParticleCollisionEvent[ParticlePhysicsExtensions.GetSafeCollisionEventSize(p11)];
    According to the Unity Beta release log: ParticleSystem.safeCollisionEventSize changed to ParticleSystem.GetSafeCollisionEventSize().

If there are any other issues after the above fixes for Unity 5 to the collisions script, please let me know.

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

The normal price has been submitted.

Make sure to grab the asset while still under review and -30% discount !!! for a few more hours

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

More functionality has been added for v1.8.

Spline particle can now have specific axis of rotation and follow the spline direction, plus there are multiple offset and control options for that angle. This allows for more precise control of the spline emission.

Also there has been a fix of the duplicate items in the spline nodes (which were not visible with billboards, but were a problem with the mesh particle i used for testing the new modes). Now spline nodes will have only a single particle, as all other curve points.

I have also added an automated way for the required tags addition, so all effects will be ready to use without having to setup tags manually (unless tags list is full, in which case i will issue a warning for each tag needed to be defined)

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

The asset is still on sale, seems the store review is not passed yet.

Grab it while it lasts !!!!

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

Asset store review is still not done.

Sale will be active until the review process has finished !
    !!

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Gameobject particles are taken to a new level in v1.8.

The pack will probably be renamed to "Particle & Gameobject Dynamic Magic" due to full support for gameobject particles (that can be scripted, animated, compound and everything in between) and the custom batching system it includes.

This system can be used for any number of applications, like the feathers & butterflies demos, grass and even decals, making the pack a superset of tools that are not just about particles, but a global manipulation framework.

I am also open to other suggestions for the name, since gameobjects bring a whole new dimension to the pack, that is hard to describe :)

On the particle side, I have now finished with spline emission enchancements and is now possible to orient the particles to face the spline direction (pics above), making it very usefull when particles have a specific shape like a mesh.

Also i am playing with some shader ideas, to give a performant extra flavor to mesh and gameobject particles.

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

"Particle Dynamic Magic: Shuriken, Gameobject & Spline Advanced effects" will soon be on sale

The new price should have been up today (InfiniTREE price reduction passed review and they were submitted the same day) but seems this review is taking a bit longer.

A major note:

The system is fully compatible with all Shuriken effects in the store, all the advanced effects apply to every single Shuriken particle out there !!!!!!

I was asked if this was a closed system, so i wanted to clarify this big perk of Particle Dynamic Magic. Its advanced effects can used with every Shuriken particle on the store !!! There is no limitation whatsoever, it is possible to give new life and dynamic effects to every single one of your existing and store Shuriken systems !!!!

And is 100% compatible with Unity 5 Shuriken as well.

Besides beeing a completly open and compatible to Shuriken system, it also offers an unlimited ammount of control over the systems properties, every single property can be externally controlled easilly for any ammount of extra layer of control over the systems.

Also any gameobject (scripted, animated, skinned, procedural etc) can be used as particle with all the major modules of the system !!! for ultimate control and infinite possibilities. A complete static/dynamic batching system is also included in the pack for peformance control of the gameobject particles.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  33. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The system in its version after 1.8 will also support fully the new Adaptive Dynamic AI asset, so particles can be spread the best way possible and many samples will be included with Particle Dynamic Magic and Sky Master ULTIMATE integration.

This way the system will provide an overall solution for creating all the Ai and effects of a game in one pack with a vast ammount of ready samples to start with in all areas.

34. toddheilmann

toddheilmann

Hello nasos_333,

Thank you for developing such a great asset :)

Just imported PDM into Unity 5.0.0.f4 Personal for the first time and received the following after pressing play:
    I apologize if this has already been addressed.

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, thanks for buying the asset :).

Here is a quick fix for Unity 5. Only one file needs update and a summary of the code changes required are listed below.

Quick fix for ParticleCollisionsPDM.cs (in Version1.5/Scripts/Propagation folder)

I think the line10 issue should be resolved automatically upon importing the script, but i am not sure.

Change:
    Code (csharp):
    1. L10   p11 = this.gameObject.particleSystem;
    2. to
    3. L10   p11 = GetComponent<ParticleSystem>();
    6. L17   collisionEvents = new ParticleSystem.CollisionEvent[1][];
    7. to
    8. L17   collisionEvents = new ParticleCollisionEvent[1][];
    11. L38   private ParticleSystem.ParticleCollisionEvent[][] collisionEvents;
    12. to
    13. L38   private ParticleCollisionEvent [][] collisionEvents;
    16. L204 collisionEvents[j] = new ParticleSystem.CollisionEvent[p11.safeCollisionEventSize];
    17. to
    18. L204 collisionEvents[j] = new ParticleCollisionEvent[ParticlePhysicsExtensions.GetSafeCollisionEventSize(p11)];
    If there are any other issues after the above fixes for Unity 5 to the collisions script, please let me know.

I am preparing a fix unitypackage for the file for the v1.8 which is coming soon. It was planned to come earler, but v1.8 update has become a behemoth one and got delayed a bit. I can also send a file fixed if needed.

Please let me know for any further questions and enjoy the asset :). A review for the pack would also be very appreciated, it helps a lot growing the pack faster and bring in the cool updates.

EDIT:
    There is also an offer for free GI Proxy vouchers for the new PDM customers, check this thread for details if you are interested.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/sa...ator-giproxy-skymaster-infinitree-tem.291088/

There are two GI Proxy vouchers left.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  36. toddheilmann

toddheilmann

Thank you nasos_333. The line inserts worked :D
    Unity 5 hated in particular L38 :p

Once I work some with PDM I will absolutely review the pack. Already know it will be favorable :)

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great :)

All the next updates will be Unity 5 ready for sure too, i am developing and testing at the same time.

I will send the GI Proxy and Mystery Rings vouchers as well. Let me know if i should send in PM or in an email.

38. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Butterfly flocks, under local forces, gravity and using the new Particle AI module to avoid obstacles and each other.

twobob likes this.
  39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  40. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few of the new Particle Dynamic Magic v2.0 systems and samples.

- Particle AI, for flocks, herds and swarms
    - Blood splatter, stick and drip in real time
    - Dynamic gameobject particle god rays, with turbulence
    - Dynamic Feathers, with skinned masked gameobject emission
    - Multiple transform emission, for fire streams control in one pool
    - New image emission features, like gravity
    - 2D Particle collisions, with bounce and various controls
    - Freeze and break targets, using the mesh emission and transitions module
    - Localized Dynamic particle transition to other systems

More will be revealed as i finilize the v2.0 demo.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  41. nasos_333

nasos_333

42. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few more of the upcoming samples. These are from the updated spline particle and gameobject particle spread and control system.

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some more of the upcoming additions to the effect library, based on splines

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

The new pack title for version 2.0 will be

Particle Dynamic Magic 2: Gameobject, Decal, Spline & Shuriken advanced dynamic effects framework

The new price will be set at $90 and the plan is to move to $150 once the DX11 option goes in. A version without the DX11 option will also be available at that point. All customers will be getting all updates for free.

Make sure to grab the asset for just $35 !!!! in the current sale

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

Dripping blood decals, combination of dynamic decal and particles

A sample of the new Dynamic Decal system

Decals are fully comtrollable, it is easy to add particles, items and any kind of resizing / delay to the effect. Decals can fade in chosen time, stay forever etc

Any number of casters can be attached to one pool of decals and move independently. Decals can also be pre-painted or static if desired.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  46. nasos_333

nasos_333

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:
    I have now finished with all PDM2.0 systems and creating as many samples as possible, plus some cool demos from my RPG to showcase the possible uses. The manual will follow and i should submit v2.0 by the end of this week.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Particle Dynamic Magic on -65% sale for a limited time (regular price $90)

The only system that combines particles (Shuriken for 100% compatibility with all unity Store assets), decals, gameobject / scripted particles with custom batching, splines, turbulence and forces, mesh emission, advanced dynamic effects (particle to particle collide, fire propagation, ice local melting and a big number of other advanced effects) and a huge ready to use effects library, in one unified framework.​

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

Pics of the demo i am working on now, particle to particle collision emulation with proper localized extinguish.

Fire will also have sparks that will set near objects on fire.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  50. nasos_333

nasos_333