Search Unity

[OFFER -65% !!!!] Infinigrass-GPU Optimized Interactive Grass,trees &meshes, works on all mobiles

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Sep 1, 2015.

1. kkrg001

kkrg001

Let me ask you one more question.
    Is it possible to paint plants with EDITOR in urp environment?
    The paint at runtime works, but it doesn't seem to work with EDITOR.

The error was something like this

//
    UnassignedReferenceException: The variable GrassMaterials of InfiniGRASSManager has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the GrassMaterials variable of the InfiniGRASSManager script in the inspector.

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

I can send a URP tested version i have locally, but would be useful to also show me the issue with alpha, you mean the AlphaGrass shader not work ?

Currently i have converted the main shader and AlphaGrass shaders to URP and can send both to test

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Is this happening in my demo scene ? Generally should be able to plant in editor in URP, i see no reason why not work. Perhaps it has lost the material from the materials list if material was deleted ?

Also will try to work on a native URP version the soonest, hopefully will have it by this weekend and fully tested.

4. kkrg001

kkrg001

Thank you for the surprisingly kind and quick response.
    An error has occurred in the demo scene imported into the empty project.
    Currently, the transition from lwrp to urp is confusing, so I'd like to check out this forum and wait for action. :)

nasos_333 likes this.
  5. nasos_333

nasos_333

ok, i will try to do a first conversion and tests, to see what might be wrong with it in URP, though this seem like something breaking it from unity 2019.3 side, will check and get back asap

kkrg001 likes this.
  6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I finalized the tests and conversions and have a first version with the base shaders ready, remains to convert few more of the materials to the new shaders and discover why i cannot simply put the new shader in the old materials and then will all be finalized.

For some reason the material imported from the original InfiniGRASS will not work if simply assign the new shader, even if it is exactly same as a new material with the same shader and variables that do work if a new material is created. This is extremely confusing and clearly some Unity bug that need to work around by simply making new materials and assign to all items one by one, though this process will take some time to finalize for every brush in the package.

I left a post in URP forum as well, in case there is a simpler solution to the Unity bug.

The rest all seem to work ok, i can plant and erase grass directly, as long as i set the materials right.

I post a video of the first result in the very latest Unity 2019.3 and URP versions.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    kkrg001 likes this.
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

unityunity