Search Unity

odd mesh deformation when importing into unity

Discussion in 'Animation' started by sgtkoolaid, Jun 9, 2019.

1. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

well first off the version of unity i have is 2018.2.20f1. I am using maya 2019. with Rapid rig modular advanced (latest version) the issue i am having seems a bit odd. when I use "game exporter" and load into unity. I get a weird difference in the mesh under the rib cage. I have the model set up in T-pose as you will see in the pictures provided. however I am running into an issue where upon import it garbles the mesh where the arms go up to the side. thoughts on this? when i do "export selection" it doesnt import the bones. I get a message when picking humanoid. ""not enough bones to create human avatar". again, thoughts on what the culprit could be? i deleted non-deformed history in maya and that did zilch. clearly something odd is at play here, so I am coming to the aid of the community to have some fresh eyes on it and see what I am not seeing. thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

anyone that can help please?

3. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

something i noticed. i imported into fbx review and it comes in perfectly normal. so something is going bonkers in unity in that particular area. thoughts?

4. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

go figure solved it. lol Seems unity has a quality setting where it defaults to "Auto", 1, 2, 4 bones. living is learning. lol.