Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Scripting Odd compile error and Editor crash with third part asset

Discussion in '5.2 Beta' started by schmosef, Jul 14, 2015.

1. schmosef

schmosef

I'm helping the developer of an asset with beta testing of his update for Unity 5 before he publishes it.

He sent me a Unity Package that imports and runs without error in Unity 5.1.1p4 but either throws odd compile errors in Unity 5.2.0b2 or crashes the Editor completely.

Sometimes, when I try to import his asset I get a message in the console saying "Compile process is not finished yet. This should not happen."

CW2 console errors after import.png

And sometimes when I import it, there are no console errors but scripts in the asset are acting like they had compile errors.

CW2 Screenshot - no console errors but script is not compiled cropped.png

And then other times (most of the time) the Editor crashes, especially when I try to load a scene after importing the asset.

With the permission of the developer, I've already submitted a bug report (he does not have access to the beta) with a sample project and the unity package. The case # is 711891.

I thought I'd post here as well to try to attract a little attention to the issue. Is anyone else experiencing odd compile issues?

Again, the unity package imports and runs just fine in Unity 5.1.1p4.

2. schmosef

schmosef

This issue is still happening with Unity 5.2.0b4.

I did get an email from support confirming that they could reproduce the issue and would forward it to the developers, but haven't heard anything since.

There's no problem importing and running this asset with pre-beta versions of Unity. Either this is a bug in the beta or is being caused by an API change.

Either way, I'd like to pass some info back to the developer.

Any chance someone from Unity can look into this?

3. ElvisAlistar

ElvisAlistar

Unity Technologies

We are looking into it. We can reproduce it and it's being investigated as we speak. Should be fixed for one of the future 5.2 builds. If you have any extra information you want to pass on, either post it here or reply to the confirmation e-mail you received when you submitted your bug report.

4. schmosef

schmosef

5. schmosef

schmosef

Well I just tested the issue with 5.2.0RC1 that was released yesterday. It looks like you've fixed the bug. Thanks, Unity Team!