Search Unity

odd blender importing

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by Ooga Booga, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Ooga Booga

Ooga Booga

I just got the demo of unity, and imported a very simple model from blender, a sphere. The sphere however, has a grey box inside it, which isn't in the blend file. What is that and how do I get rid of it? Im planning on buying if I can see that Unity supports blender well.

Thanks very much!

2. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

3. Ooga Booga

Ooga Booga

Ahh thanks a lot! I didn't even know about saving a default scene. I have another question now, i noticed that unity doesn't import armature animation from blender, as far as I can tell. Is that going to be added soon or do I have to find some sort of workaround?

Thanks

4. Sync1B

Sync1B

It seems that us blender people just need to keep pushing for a fbx exporter. I have posted a few times about it on the blender dev forum, but who knows if it will ever happen. I think for right now your SOL unless you can pull off your animations in unity. The more people that push the sooner we will see some action, I hope!

Sync

5. GusM

GusM

The new Blender 2.4 includes a Collada exporter. Maybe this could be a good way to begin...

My two cents.

6. jcadam

jcadam

Or we could keep pushing for OTEE to fix the Unity blender importer.

7. Ooga Booga

Ooga Booga

Sorry to ask but what is collada, and how does it help me get something to unity? I've never heard of it.

8. Sync1B

Sync1B

I didnt know there was any thing wrong with the blender importer?

sync

9. socksy

socksy

It only supports mesh, and that needs fixing.

Bring in the Armature and Animation support!

:D

10. Sync1B

Sync1B

I didnt think that was a problem... I thought it was just a limit to how much unity could import.

sync