Search Unity

Odd Agent behavior

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by Foestar, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Foestar

Foestar

So I'm having an odd behavior on one of my AI where if I bump into it it will continuously run/move towards my main character. I'm kinda confused by this because it doesn't do this in the other scenes, only in my basement scene. And I'm wondering if it's a physics/rigidbody thing or the agent registering the player in an awkward way.

Either way I'm not sure what's going on here as there's no code telling it to do this, and it's change is between scenes. Maybe my basement scene is too congested and is messing with the agent?

I'm gonna upload a video to show the issue in a few minutes here.

2. Foestar

Foestar

Here's the video. I'm thinking I may actually have an idea what is causing it, but I'll see soon enough.

3. Foestar

Foestar

Okay I have confirmed that this issue has literally nothing to do with coding. It is 100% the agent acting up and I'm not sure why.

4. Foestar

Foestar

Issue was fixed by removing my rigidbody and re-setting it up. Not really sure why it was acting the way it did. All my things are exactly the same, but the rigidbody was the issue for anyone who also finds this problem.