Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Oculus Touch vibration frequency

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by olejuer, Jan 6, 2020.

1. olejuer

olejuer

Hi,

I am trying to have my Oculus Touch controllers (Oculus Quest) vibrating at a set frequency, because that's fun, right? However, no matter what Input I use for
    Code (CSharp):
    1. OVRInput.SetControllerVibration(float frequency, float amplitude, Controller controllerMask)
    the vibration only depends on the amplitude, not the frequency. There is no difference between zero and one frequency. Is this not supported for the Oculus Quest controllers? Does anyone know?

Yes, I am aware this is not exactly Unity related but rather an Oculus question. Might be the Unity plugin, though.

2. Cascho01

Cascho01

Sorry I don´t know the answer to your question, but if you know how to disable vibration on a controller please let me know. (Until now I do so by setting the frequency to zero...)

3. olejuer

olejuer

frequency or amplitude? Setting both to zero is the intended way to turn off vibration. Or do you want to disable all vibrations permanently as a setting? I think you will have to keep your app from calling the respective methods in that case...

4. Cascho01

Cascho01

Thanks

5. mochsabat

mochsabat

Any luck with this? Cant figure out why my right controller dont vibrate

6. kookyoo

kookyoo

Hi.
    I'm facing the same here.
    I tried relative [0,1] or absolute [50,500] ranges for the frequency value with absolutely no difference so I'm guessing this is exposed but don't do anything.
    Did anyone find a solution for this ? Even outside of Unity. Both the doc and meta forums have no answer to such question it's weird.