Search Unity

Feedback Oculus Rift S controller jitter using URP

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by darman77, Nov 28, 2019.

1. darman77

darman77

Good day!

I observed some disturbing behavior while using URP (Universal Render Pipeline) with Oculus Rift S.
    Object controlled by controller are clearly jittering. No matter if I'm using new XR plugin or just regular Oculus Integration 1.43 package problem is the same and it's clearly connected somehow to URP. Why? Because I did the same test using Build in Render Pipeline and every time objects are moving perfectly smooth. No matter if I'm using broken Multipass or Singlepass Instanced problem is the same. Maybe in Multipass is slight less visible, because of one eye view ;-) I'm using Unity 2019.3.0f1 (but same issue was with b12).

Is this known issue or should I file a bug?

Thank you!
    Konrad

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

This kind of thing would likely be related to framerate issues, are you having any on device? And are you using the TrackedPoseDriver ?

3. darman77

darman77

No I don't have any framerate issues. Stable ~185fps in test scene. I was testing using TrackedPoseDriver, TrackedPoseDriver from New Input System, OVRPlayerController (from Oculus Integration) and even custom controller (using Transform). Same issues in URP. After switching to Build in Render Pipeline everything is smooth again.

4. nomand

nomand

This looks like a bug in Multiview/Singlepass. If you switch to Multipass, the movement is buttery smooth, but only one eye renders. I get the same behavior on the Quest with URP.

darman77 likes this.
  5. darman77

darman77

Yes, that's also my suspicion. Should I report it as a bug?

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Reporting it as a bug is a great idea, go for it.

darman77 likes this.
  7. dimib

dimib

Hey there, I also observed this problem with the SRP, so I guess it's not related to URP.

When the graphics API is changed from OpenGLcore to DX11 the jitter is much less or not noticable.