Search Unity

Question (Oculus Quest2) Call Oculus Home Button from within Unity App?

Discussion in 'VR' started by CEngstrom, May 5, 2021.

1. CEngstrom

CEngstrom

Hello, I'm developing for Oculus Quest 2 and using Unity 2019.2.21f1...

I am wondering if there's a way to access ('press and hold') the Oculus Home button on the right hand controller from within the app, i.e: via a script. Rather than bringing up the Oculus home menu, The button should be accessed to reset the position of the user in the virtual environment after they have wandered away from a central location (the app utilizes 6 DOF and is carried out standing up). For some context - users are moved along 'tracks' within the game by gazing in certain directions. They should only be able to walk away from these tracks for very short distances - hence the necessity to reset position.

In the documentation that describes the Map Controller inputs, it looks like the Oculus home button is reserved. If it is not possible to access it within Unity, is there any other way around this (to achieve this spatial position and orientation 'resetting' function?)Wondering if I may need to resort to a custom function.

Any help is appreciated ;)

Thanks in advance...!

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

You can certainly do it yourself. Just change the position of the XR rig within the world.