Search Unity

Oculus Quest Wont load in VR mode (app keeps stopping)

Discussion in 'VR' started by Adriaaaaan, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Adriaaaaan

Adriaaaaan

I'm totally stuck here, for no apparent reason my unity project (which only consists of three rooms and no custom scripts) will no longer run on the oculus quest when in vr mode. The screen is totally black and if i press the menu button it says "App keeps closing". If i turn off the oculus plugin and use the mockHMD mode it loads up fine and i can see the level (it also works fine in pcvr mode via link). I can't see any errors anywhere. Please help! I'm on 2020.1.4f (and have tried both rolling back and upgrading, it makes no difference). My other unity projects still work fine.

2. sampoway

sampoway

I have same problem , how can I do?

3. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

Are you selecting "Oculus" under the Android tab in XR Plug-in Management? If you're still still experiencing issues, please file a bug with reproducible project so the team can properly track and investigate. Thanks!

4. Barliesque

Barliesque

@Adriaaaaan @sampoway
    I've run into the same problem with a project. Were you ever able to find a solution to this?

5. gillesv

gillesv

Bump, I have the same problem. I just created a clean brand new 2020.1 URP project, installed all the XR plugins and packages, the app builds fine, but when I try to run it on the Quest it just flashes black and then goes back to the homescreen with the "App keeps closing" message.

I've wasted the whole day just trying to get an empty scene with a tracked HMD camera to work and it's frustrating as hell.

6. CrustyCroissant

CrustyCroissant

Same problem here

7. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis