Search Unity

Oculus Quest / UnityEngine.XR

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by FL53, May 13, 2019.

1. FL53

FL53

Hi,

I was wondering if we could already develop for Oculus Quest using UnityEngine.XR ? It should be really convenient !
    Regards

2. FL53

FL53

Seems XR is working to get tracking data but for controller buttons it does not match the XR Input specifications for Oculus (with 2018.2 it seems we should use InputDevice now to get events on controllers, I will try that)

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  3. unisip

unisip

Did you ever get the oculus input mapping to work on Quest with UnityEngine.XR ? Facing the same issue here...

4. StayTalm_Unity

StayTalm_Unity

Unity Technologies

Talking within our team, our understanding was that the buttons all worked and are mapped identically with the rift. The exception that the thumbrest does not exist.

File a bug with us and we can try to figure out what's wrong.

5. FL53

FL53

You should use Unity 2019.1 (at least) to have the button/axis mapping available on Quest (tracking is OK on 2018.3 but buttons/axis are not available)

6. unisip

unisip

Any chance of this being back ported to 2018.4 ?

joelybahh likes this.
  7. rwanim8or

rwanim8or

I'm on 2018.3 and buttons / axis are working just fine as well as tracking

8. FL53

FL53

I may have tested too early (too old Unity 2018.3 release ? :) ).
    You can easily check button ID/availability (in any release of Unity) creating a text UI (in front of the user in world space putting the canvas child of the camera) to display the values of the buttons. Loop on all the joystick buttons (from 0 to 19) using Input.GetKey("joystick button "+ i ) with "i" your loop counter to retrieve the values of the buttons (to display them next in your text UI). You will only have to press your controller buttons to see if something changes on your UI. Hope it helps.

Taran3D likes this.
  9. R1PFake

R1PFake

Did anyone get XR to work with the Quest? Im using Unity 2019 and my tracking position seems off, the (ingame) headset is at the floor (0,0,0) instead of the correct height. Does the Quest not return the correct floor/head height to the XR classes or am I missing something/doing it wrong? Btw the same scene worked fine for PC with Vive.

10. FL53

FL53

You can ask your experience to be "roomscale" in XRDevice class (SetTrackingSpaceType)

R1PFake likes this.
  11. R1PFake

R1PFake

This worked, thanks! In my opinion the tracking setting for the Quest should default to room scale like the Vive.

12. VirtualPierogi

VirtualPierogi

Unity 2019.2 here, after porting to oculus quest my steamvr rig, hand controllers seem to switch from tracking to frozen state after touching any button : at first only right controller tracks movement but after I click a trigger on the left right freezes in place and left moves.
    Is there a possibility that it treats the quest as daydream or gearvr and just switches handedness controller?

13. Ehredt

Ehredt

They added Go emulation to the Quest, which causes only one controller to work at a time -- this might be the problem you're describing: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/cjarm3/unity_development_on_oculus_quest_only_one/

VirtualPierogi likes this.
  14. SpeakBeaver

SpeakBeaver

Work perfectlty for me !!! Thanks a lot

15. PMC0919

PMC0919

Hi. Would someone be able to paste the code for the room scale setting please? I am not good at scripting. I use Unity to work on my Sketchup files. I have built the scene for Android and loaded it to the Quest, but the camera is on the floor!

16. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

void Start()
    {
    UnityEngine.XR.XRDevice.SetTrackingSpaceType(UnityEngine.XR.TrackingSpaceType.Roomscale);

}

pmcclave likes this.
  17. pmcclave

pmcclave

Thank you ROBYER1.

18. PMC0919

PMC0919

Hi ROBYER1. I tried the code you suggested. I didn’t get any error messages but my scene in Unity when viewed on the Quest still has the camera sitting at the floor.
    It starts high and drops straight away. Do you work with Oculus Quest and Unity and could suggest what I could do to keep the camera at the correct height?

19. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

I need to see your scene setup, is there a rigidbody attached with gravity influencing it at all? Do you have the unity Tracked pose device component on your camera? You will need that with it set to tracking 'center eye'

20. PMC0919

PMC0919

Hi ROBYER1. Thank you for you latest suggestion of adding the Tracked Pose device to the camera. I have finally got the camera to stay at the correct height. But the movement is now from me moving the Quest headset forwards!! Which as you can imagine nearly made me sick! Ha ha. Is there an easy way to change the movement so the joystick controls the movement? Sorry to keep pestering you!

ROBYER1 likes this.
  21. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

It's fine, message me about it anytime. You've probably already figured it out but set the tracked pose device to be rotation only.

22. methusalah999

methusalah999

This is now deprecated in 2021.1 apparently. I've been able to get to the same result with this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. XRGeneralSettings.Instance.Manager.activeLoader.GetLoadedSubsystem<XRInputSubsystem>().TrySetTrackingOriginMode(TrackingOriginModeFlags.Floor);
    I'm sur there is a better/shorter/documented way.