Search Unity

Oculus Quest - Terrible Anti Aliasing issues. Any solutions?

Discussion in 'VR' started by LukeBryan93, Mar 12, 2020.

1. LukeBryan93

LukeBryan93

So im currently having some terrible anti aliasing issues within the quest on pretty much anything i develop.

I am getting this terrible flickering on objects and of course the horrible jaggy outlines. Im even getting this on 2D UI objects.

Currently im using 2019.2.0 with the standard pipeline. I have tried numerous things such as changing the MSAA quality in project settings to x2,x4 and x8 and they all look the same. I have tried reduced all specularity and reflectiveness on the objects and still haven't had any look.

I've also tried using the OVRCameraRig and increasing the min and max renderscale along with having Recommended MSAA level ticked on off also. I've tried just using a standard camera aswell, All these leave me with exactly the same results. Nothing looks better or worse.

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with this because its just so distracting and almost unusable in some situations!

2. bdeschryver

bdeschryver

I would be very interested in anwserw to that topic also !
    I do use the standard 3D project on 2019.2.6 and it is ok for antialiasing, it is set to 4x in quality settings and framerate is ok. Are you using the URP/LWRP maybe ? I tried it but can't get something nice out of it.

3. LukeBryan93

LukeBryan93

No im currently using the Standard Pipeline in 2019.2.0. I cant seem to get any good results. Even the 2D ui objects look horrible! Really stuck for Ideas.

4. pzy2017

pzy2017

I am having the same problem. Trying with URP. Antialiasing options have no effect.

5. RetroFlight

RetroFlight

Hey guys, go to quality settings and make sure it is not defaulting to a lower quality level. It sounds like MSAA is not engaging and this fixed it for me.

m4d likes this.