Search Unity

Oculus Quest OVRSkeleton not updating capsules

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Mockitup, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Mockitup

Mockitup

Hello guys,

New guy into Unity so I might be missing something really basic.
    I've installed the latest version of Unity(2019.2.17f1) and the latest Oculus Integration(v13) from the asset store.
    I've opened the HandsInteractionTrainScene example scene and build it out to my Oculus quest
    I can see that the hand meshes updates just fine, however the touch points(small spheres on the finger tips from the InteractableToolSDK) are not updating in realtime, but only when the hand loses tracking and comes back, this is clearly visible when enabling the "Render physics capsules" is activated on the OVRSkeletonRenderer component of the OVRHandPrefab, as there is an completely static representation of the capsules being rendered on top of the working hand mesh.

I've done some backtracking, and as far as I can see, the issue is the FixedUpdate of the OVRSkeleton class is not actually updating the capsules positions to correspond to the hand tracking. Any idea how to fix this issue?

unity_15arbete likes this.
  2. unity_15arbete

unity_15arbete

Not sure if this is the "best solution" but this worked for me.

Edit --> Project Settings --> Time --> change to these values to foce updating more often

upload_2020-3-6_17-17-52.png

Attached Files:

AMehta29, callen and aajaces like this.
  3. Esteban-Gallardo

Esteban-Gallardo

Thanks a lot for the solution!! It worked!!

4. ringedproposal

ringedproposal

I was having the identical problem; your answer was very helpful. The plan was successful!

5. FarmerInATechStack

FarmerInATechStack

I think we might have found some better solutions here: https://communityforums.atmeta.com/...-not-following-the-fingers/td-p/814918/page/2

I say "better" because I believe it's better to find a solution that's based on code or a solution that's built-in instead of changing Project Settings. We've found such solutions in that thread I linked, but of course it's up to each person and your application to determine what's best. Cheers all!