Search Unity

Feedback Oculus Quest no input detected

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Wattosan, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Wattosan

Wattosan

Hello,

I am trying to use the new input system, however none of the Oculus Quest controllers seem to respond to the input. They did at one point, actually, during run time and then they stopped, mid runtime. I was literally just pressing the buttons (just doing debug.logs, nothing else) and suddenly they stopped working (used adb to debug). And now I can't seem to get it working at all. Also, do we need to add Interactions as well?
    Mouse and keyboard seem to work fine.

The setup can be seen here:

Also, what do the symbols next to the bindings mean? Is there any documentation about this?
    The symbols:

The selection menu looks very messy. Why not use the same exact names that are used in the OVRInput?
    See here:

What should be a quick and easy setup, has taken me hours to figure out how to get stuff working.

Thank you!

2. Irishbruse

Irishbruse

Is your headset still awake as i have had problems with input if the headset on my rift s is off put your hand in front of the sensor

3. TomasRiker

TomasRiker

You need to use "OculusQuestControllerLeft" and "OculusQuestControllerRight". They don't appear in the menu, you have to type it.

jasonatkaruna likes this.
  4. jasonatkaruna

jasonatkaruna

Input system does not seem to work with the oculus quest and the 2019.3. I am using XR Management with Oculus Loader however :confused:

5. Jichaels

Jichaels

6. jasonatkaruna

jasonatkaruna

WOOT! got it to work!

I'm using XR Management with the latest preview package of the Oculus Loader. The stable package doesn't define the input subsystem for XRController and XRHMD.

So if you're running into this problem, update your oculus loader to the latest preview package https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.xr.oculus@1.1/changelog/CHANGELOG.html

7. Jichaels

Jichaels

Mmmh, the only oculus-related package I've in the package manager is this one, and I'm already on the lastest version.

upload_2019-10-24_9-56-57.png

8. jasonatkaruna

jasonatkaruna

I'm using the new "XR Management" package, which is a new way of obtaining the oculus SDK.

How I got it to work:
    Install "XR Management".
    install "Oculus Loader" version 1.1 preview.
    Set Oculus as the xr loader in the project settings--XR Management has some settings it uses to replace the legacy ones.

It seems like Oculus is responsible for setting up the XRHMD and XRController implementations in their loader.

Matt_D_work likes this.
  9. Jichaels

Jichaels

I'll try that ! Thanks

10. Jichaels

Jichaels

I can't get version 1+, max I can get through package manager is 0.8.4 ? Is the 1+ only available for Unity 2019.3 ?

11. jasonatkaruna

jasonatkaruna

I just tried to use it with unity 2019.2 and I couldn't install it. It looks like you need 2019.3.

12. billalves

billalves

Sorry, I'm new to this, but I hope someone can help. I have unity 2019.3 and have installed the XR Management package and the Oculus XR plugin. I have an Oculus Rift S. When I run my scene, I think it can see the left controller. It can return the input features on the controller. However, when I try features with XR.CommonUsages, all inputs seem to be empty or false and IsTracked is false, while I am pressing buttons and moving the controller. What am I missing? Thanks for any help.

13. anden3

anden3

I have the same issue, did you ever figure out a solution?

14. datagreed

datagreed

Almost the same issue with oculus and latest XR Management Input System and Interaction Toolkit.

I can move the controllers and see lines the are projecting, but button input does not work. In XR Input Debugger all buttons are marked as not pressed, though accelerometer readings are present.

15. datagreed

datagreed

Nevermind, turns out you have to put the headset on, otherwise it won't enable controller inputs.

16. RogueStargun

RogueStargun

I can't seem to get the inputsystem to detect the thumbsticks on my oculus quest controller consistently. It's extremely frustrating.
    Is there an order to putting on the headset/launching unity to get the controller detected?

17. alpha_rat

alpha_rat

Same issue here, Oculus Quest thumbstick input is not detected.

I'm using :
    • XR plugin management (4.0.1)
    • The new Input System package (1.0.2)
    • Bindings are set to thumbstick [Oculus Touch Controller]
    • OVR plugion version : 1.61.0
    I'm curious if there is a work-around for this issue?

EDIT :

This solution worked for me :
    • Uninstall the Oculus plugin package and XR Plugin Management from project
    • Install the asset store version of the Oculus Intergration and restart the project

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  18. RogueStargun

RogueStargun

Update: I didn't follow up on this last year, but the solution was stupidly simple.

You need to click on the play window to get the controllers to register when testing the game. Obviously this tends to be hard to do when you have a VR headset on!