Search Unity

Oculus (Quest) Integration Issues - Head is in the air?

Discussion in 'VR' started by unity_PQrlfRi_3l7mMg, Jun 24, 2019.

1. unity_PQrlfRi_3l7mMg

unity_PQrlfRi_3l7mMg

I'm coming from UE4 and just wanted to dip my toes into Unity for VR. As my first step I followed this guide for Oculus Quest step by step, but yielded an odd result:

Doing exactly what this guy did, I find that the hand tracking works fine. I have even been able to go 1 extra step and add in jumping...

However the problem I'm experiencing is that I don't have a body under me or the head. When I look up, I see the head above me with what looks like the body stuffed in it, a few feed above me.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea what's going on? I'm drastically confused as to how I followed a video step by step, double (and even triple) checked the setup compared to his in the video, but I yield completely different results.

2. R1PFake

R1PFake

Sorry, I should have searched better, I think I just made a post about a similar issue https://forum.unity.com/threads/oculus-quest-wrong-floor-position.702422/

I added a floor Quad at (0,0,0) and it feels like the Quest head position doesn't use the floor position but instead just stays at (0,0,0) so everything else is way to high. Which Unity version are you using? Also 2019.3.0a7? Maybe it's a bug with this version, very strange.