Search Unity

Oculus Quest crashes on scene load (oculus v1.39)

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by jacknoid, Jul 31, 2019.

1. jacknoid

jacknoid

Hi, i'm able to build a testing unity project for my quest, and to see the first scene with HMD and controller tracking fine. However, using the Oculus SampleFramework's StartScene menu to load the DebugUI scene, it crashes my app back to the quest dashboard while loading. I made other builds of this project where i selected the DebugUI scene to be first to load, and there's no crash. It seems to be something about transitioning between the menu and the demos, not that the demos inherently crash the process..

I made two of my own simple testing scenes, with a timed scene load to swap between them, and there's no crash.

Any clue why loading certain scenes at runtime causes a crash, even though they load fine if they're the first scene?

I'm using Unity 2019.1.7, and the latest Oculus package from the asset store (as of july 28th 2019). I followed the setup directions very closely, and never had trouble actually making the build or running the builds up until the demo scene loads.

Here's my adb logcat output approaching the crash. I see some warnings about the avatar loading etc, but those seem unconnected to the crash as the app ran fine until i triggered the debugui scene load:

botamochi6277 likes this.
  2. jacknoid

jacknoid

Update: looks like it may be related to the most recent version of the oculus integration package (1.39). Is there no way to download old versions of unity asset store packages?

3. theruins

theruins

there is! check the comments of the asset in the asset store (page 2 i think)

jacknoid likes this.
  4. Acemit_Kardon

Acemit_Kardon

Hai @jacknoid. I have same issue. oculus quest crash when im load to the new scene. have you found the solution? thank you

5. jacknoid

jacknoid

TheVirtualMunk and NUMENAVR like this.