Search Unity

Bug Oculus Quest Black Screen

Discussion in 'VR' started by demonixis, Oct 28, 2020.

1. demonixis

demonixis

Hello,
    When I deploy to the Oculus Quest 1 or 2, I got a black screen and I can't go back to dashboard easily, I've to double press the home button many time for that.
    I know that the content is loaded because I can listen the music and the bots moving.

I use Unity 2020.1.10 with URP 8.2 and Oculus XR plugin 1.5. I tried URP 9.x and Oculus XR plugin 1.6 preview but it's still a black screen.

I tried to disable some of my scripts that manage the graphics, but the result is the same.

Any ideas? Logcat doesn't seem to give me errors.

2. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns

Hey @demonixis!

We've seen this happen occasionally on "build and run" but not on subsequent launches from the device. This also seems to happen more when Vulkan is enabled. Can you file a bug so the team can get more details and properly investigate?

3. demonixis

demonixis

Hello,
    I can try to report the bug but it's hard for me to upload the complete project using my bad internet connection.
    I was able to fix the black screen issue by forcing the XRManagement to start, but Input doesn't work now.
    I don't use Vulkan, just OpenGLES 3.2. I can run the game and get a log dump if it can help, but I can't see any usefull information in it.

4. vgerprobe

vgerprobe

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue using Unity 2020.2 with the latest Oculus integration (v23) and Oculus XR (1.7) plugins when building for the Quest 2. For testing, my scene is just a camera in an otherwise empty scene.

Launching from "build and run" or directly from the Quest have the same result.

5. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Hey there! Could you file a bug report for us so that we can investigate this?

6. Aupuma

Aupuma

Same problem here. I'm trying to build the HandTest scene for hand Tracking, and in one project using Unity 2019.4.2, and different oculus integration and XR plugin versions the app starts completely black. However on Oculus Integration v23 and XR plugin v1.7.0 the skybox is visible but neither the hands nor the controllers are visible. If I make a build with OVR Build and Run or Quick Scene Preview it gets black

7. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Go ahead and put in a bug report for us too.

8. jeyalakshmi_chandrasekaran

jeyalakshmi_chandrasekaran

Is there any fix/solution for this??

9. righteousponcho

righteousponcho

Having this issue as well...
    Unity 2021.3.18f1
    Oculus Integration 49.0
    OpenXR 1.6