Search Unity

Question [Oculus Quest] Black/pink screen when adding URP pipeline to an Oculus Integration project

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by johnpccd, Aug 21, 2020.

1. johnpccd

johnpccd

Hi,

I am getting black screen when adding URP pipeline to my project. It's based on Oculus Unity Integration.
    Any tips where to start analysing?

I tried to play around with settings and went from total black to total pink :D
    The Unity splash screen is now black with a pink rectangle in the center instead of the logo :)

I tried creating an empty project with URP based on XR plugin and it works fine.
    Edit#1: The scene works fine if streamed over Oculus Link!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  2. DanjelRicci

DanjelRicci

Same. I just updated from old trustworthy 2019.3.0f1 to 2019.4.8f1 without changing anything, still using URP, and everything renders pink/magenta. Literally everything. Will try to fiddle with some settings...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  3. ManuelMeyer

ManuelMeyer

Have you found a Solution? I have the same problem.

4. DanjelRicci

DanjelRicci

Nothing unfortunately. I didn't spend too much time with that, and since I had no real practical reasons for upgrading (except my desire to run a LTS version), I rolled back to 2019.3.0f1 to keep developing.

I've been trying for weeks to update to more recent builds, but no matter which I try, something Quest-related breaks. Be it MSAA, FFR, now the shaders. 2019.3.0f1 still holds on as my fully functional sweet spot...

5. DanjelRicci

DanjelRicci

Up. Did anyone find a solution yet? I've been trying this again with no results.

6. ManuelMeyer

ManuelMeyer

I rolled back to SRP....

7. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

Pink usually means that materials are missing or shaders aren't loading.
    When you upgrade from the Standard Render Pipeline to the Universal Render Pipeline you have to upgrade your materials as well. If you have old shaders you might have to update them to be compatible with URP.
    If the empty URP project works then you've probably missed something while setting up URP.

8. ManuelMeyer

ManuelMeyer

The URP project worked in the Editor. The build was pink, so upgrading the materials was not the problem. Maybe loading the shaders on Android could be the problem.

DanjelRicci likes this.
  9. DanjelRicci

DanjelRicci

The issue literally disappeared on its own, everything is all good now. I opened a new thread here, in the URP category. I just listed there what happened.

johnpccd likes this.
  10. johnpccd

johnpccd

@DanjelRicci: Thanks a lot for posting.. I also reached the same conclusion..