Search Unity

Question [Oculus Quest 2] Saving controller position data

Discussion in 'VR' started by JKadlec, Feb 27, 2022.

1. JKadlec

JKadlec

Hi, I'm pretty new to C# and Unity and i'm creating a new app with Unity for Oculus Quest 2 in which i would like to save data stream to whatever file (could even be txt or xml). That data stream would be vectors and rotation variables from the hand controllers. It is for a purpose of further analysis of the motion data - medical app. I tried and failed multiple times in 2 main things. I don't know how exactly get the vectors and variables from controllers in program (from what i understand, it should in fact be possible to get those, but i donno how). And the second thing, I don't know how to somehow easily save all the data into a file. I have read about playerprefs and i went threw some forum articles, but haven't find something fitting. I used to work with Unreal and C++ where i would just call worldposition, save it to field or something and then just print the field to txt file and I find it incredibly difficult to do something like that in Unity. Unfortunately I cannot switch the engine so I'll be very glad for any help, suggestion or similar project that could guide me. Thanks a lot in advance.

2. marianaelizaldee

marianaelizaldee

Hi! you were able to make it work? it would be really helpful :)

3. tregear111

tregear111

May I ask if you've solved it? I'm experiencing the same need, any suggestions?