Search Unity

Question Oculus quest 2 controller wrong name

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by Blasii, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Blasii

Blasii

Hi, i'm using the unityXR input system with the oculus quest2 and the XR Integration Toolkit. When gettting the connected devices using the characteristics, to instantiate the correct model of the controller, the controllers of the quest2 show up to have the name "Oculus Touch Controller - (Left/Right)" and not the Quest name, so it instantiate the wrong model when loading the scene. How to fix the name?

Using:
    Unity 2019.3.4
    XR Integration Toolkit 0.10
    XR Plugin Management 3.2.15

AJMHPC likes this.
  2. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

Hi @blasoni, I'm not sure I understand your question. You'll need to add the Oculus Integration to get models of the Quest controllers.

3. kubajs

kubajs

I'm facing the same issue.
    Problem: I'd like to automatically load prefab of detected controller. In my case it's Oculus Quest 2. Oculus 1 controllers are black, oculus 2 controllers white.
    However it seems all Oculus controllers (either oculus 1 or oculus 2) are marked as "Oculus Touch Controller".
    upload_2021-1-24_1-21-28.png

When trying
    InputDevices.GetDevicesWithCharacteristics(InputDeviceCharacteristics.Controller, inputDevices);

it returns Oculus / Miramar.
    So I guess "Miramar" might identify Oculus Quest 2.
    But still, it would be handy to have more details in the inputDevice.Name. Also inputDevice.SerialNumber is empty.

4. Matt_D_work

Matt_D_work

Unity Technologies

At the moment we make no distinction between the two different controllers. we'll have to look into if there's a way we can tell which controller version is being used.

5. Elias765

Elias765

Same issue here. In my XR Interaction Debugger, it shows my Quest 2 as Miramar and the Quest 2 controller as Oculus Touch Controller (left/right). This messes up my autodetection of the controller used, to show the correct model.

Screenshot.jpg

AJMHPC likes this.
  6. caseyaking

caseyaking

This is still a problem (03/28/22)

AJMHPC likes this.