Search Unity

Oculus package removes itself and disables "Virtual Reality Supported"

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by MarkusFynd, Jul 11, 2019.

1. MarkusFynd

MarkusFynd

Hello.

I'm working on a VR project for the Oculus Quest.
    I have a problem where the "Oculus (Android)" package from the package manager removes itself, which causes the "Virtual Reality Supported" checkbox to be un-ticked. What can cause something like this? It is extremely frustrating.
    If I enable it, it resets itself after a few seconds. If I don't touch anything in the scene or change any settings, I get enough time to do a build, so I can technically work around it. But if I forget, I spend valuable minutes building an APK that will not work.

I'm using Unity 2018.4.1f1. Oculus package 1.36.0 (same issue with 1.29.1). I'm using VRTK 3.3.0, and Oculus Integration 1.38 from the Asset Store. Other plugins I use: DOTween, JsonDotNet, Modern UI Pack and Odin Inspector. I don't know if any of these plugins could cause such behaviour. I know VRTK has some scripts to automatically enable VR-related settings, but I haven't found anything that causes VR to get turned off like this.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  2. MarkusFynd

MarkusFynd

This gif is from a fresh project in Unity 2018.4.3f1, with nothing added except for VRTK 3.3.0 and Oculus Integration 1.38. Here the "Oculus (Android)" package does not remove itself, but VR support is impossible to turn on.

Attached Files:

3. vicman4

vicman4

Hello, this is happening to me too. Impossible to check "VR Supported" on Android build because it removes the Oculus (Android) package and unchecks "VR Support".

Unity 2019.1.8f1 + VRTK 3.3.0 + Oculus (Android) 1.36.0 package + Oculus Integration 1.38 (from Assets Store)

The only way, for me, to make a build for Oculus Quest is to install Oculus (Android) package and immediately do "Build and Run", after that the build succeed but the Oculus (Android) package is removed and "VR Support" is unchecked.

There seems to be no relevant output to the Editor console or AppData/Local/Unity/Editor/*.log related with this issue.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  4. pet_Cz

pet_Cz

Hi, I had similar problems with VRTK 3.3. I do not remember the solution exactly, but I had to turn off some Auto Load or Auto Manage setting in VRTK_SDK Manager script (I think it was the Auto Manage VR Settings check box).

koukwst, MarkusFynd and vicman4 like this.
  5. MarkusFynd

MarkusFynd

I'd have to go and double-check, but I'm pretty sure I set that checkbox to false.

6. vicman4

vicman4

Thank you!!

You've fixed my problem! It's exactly the "Auto Manage VR Settings" check box. As soon as I've unchecked it the Oculus (Android) Package remains installed and VR Support selected!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  7. koukwst

koukwst

Similar setup similar solution until I search for the problem

+1 for the solution, thank you!