Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Oculus integration - no hands or go controller

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by steveoz32, Jun 19, 2019.

1. steveoz32

steveoz32

Hi All,

I've followed the tutorial from Oculus own site and various youtube tutorials, however the result is always the same, I can move, and use the joystick to control, but I have no hands and can't interact with anything.

The Oculus SDK and package is installed and imported into the project.

LocalAvatar appears to have some missing assets from what I have seen on other tutorials? And I can't find them anywhere within the package?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks.

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I'm not sure what tutorials you're watching, but hands and the ability to interact with objects doesn't "just happen" — you have to program those interactions. If you haven't done so, then you shouldn't be surprised that they are not there. If you have, and you need help debugging them, then you'll need to post a more specific question about what you're doing.

3. steveoz32

steveoz32

Hi,

I followed this tutorial here which was the last one, the 'Local Avatar' is missing hand_left, controller_left, hand_right, controller_right etc.

From the oculus forum it shows everything should be included in the pre-fabs.

Thanks.

4. steveoz32

steveoz32

It's working :) The hands were there but offset, so I had to zero their position :)

JoeStrout likes this.
  5. SadFaceYT

SadFaceYT

@steveoz32 How did u get it to properly zero the position. I have tried to zero the position and it still is offset. What is the object you zeroed the hands to?