Search Unity

Oculus integration local avatar missing all body components.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by HadenOakes, Jul 29, 2019.

1. HadenOakes

HadenOakes

Hi, i'm very new to using unity and i've been following various youtube videos on the basics. I was following this video:
    when i ran into my problem. at around 4:40 you can see him drag "AvatarGrabberleft" under "Local avatar." when the pop down menu appears his local avatar contains base, body, hand_left, controller_left, hand_right, Controller_right, defaultbodymaterialmanager, defaulthandmaterialmanager.

my local avatar does not contain any of these and as a result my AvatarGrabberLeft and right don't seem able to work at all. any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. unity_NIxmUuCytLROZw

unity_NIxmUuCytLROZw

I am having the same issue. Someone please help!

3. Blacklister001

Blacklister001

Did you guys find the solution? I am having the same problem.

4. jessicampilsner

jessicampilsner

Yep, having the same issue. Anyone have any insights?

5. jo_unity697

jo_unity697

Same here

6. gflint

gflint

Look in the comments under the video. The is a link to a version of Oculus Integration with AvatarGrabberLeft/Right in it. Here is a setup guide.

Unity VR Setup

1. Make sure unknown sources is enabled in Oculus Management software
    2. Edit -> project settings -> player -> check virtual reality supporter (and make sure Oculus SDK is available) (scene should now work with headset but no hands)
    3. Download this version of Oculus Integration from web. https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/unity-integration-archive/
    4. Drag and drop into the Assets folder. It will go through the usual import steps.
    5. Delete main camera
    6. In your browser
      1. Go to https://dashboard.oculus.com
      2. Find the APP id in the left side menu tree hierarchy Manage/<myorg>/<myapp>/Getting Started API (create one if you don't have)
    7. Get back to Unity3D
      1. Oculus > Avatars > Edit Settings (paste your App Id)
      2. Oculus > Platform > Edit Settings (Paste your App id)
    8. Search for OVRPlayerController prefab and drag into scene
    9. OVRPlayerController -> OVRCameraRig -> set Tracking Origin Type to Floor Level
    10. Add Character Camera Constraint to OVRPlayerController.
    11. Drag OVRCameraRig to Camera Rig and check Dynamic Height box
    12. Search for LocalAvatar, drag it in to OVRPlayerController -> OVRCameraRig -> TrackingSpace
    13. Search for AvatarGrabberLeft and AvatarGrabberRight, drag them both in to LocalAvatar
    14. Add OVRGrabbable script to item you want to be able to grab
    15. Change the Radius of the player (OVRPlayerController's Character Controller object's radius) to be able to walk closer to things

7. Lazerhawk1982

Lazerhawk1982

Why don't I have the AvatarGrabberLeft or Right options available when I search for them? I'm using Unity 2019.3 and I'm using the Oculus package through the Assets Store. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

schwizla and tugce-akkoc like this.
  8. AdosMo

AdosMo

Having same problem

schwizla likes this.
  9. schwizla

schwizla

Same problem.

10. krishnanpc

krishnanpc

Same problem! having trouble locating AvatarGrabberLeft or Right. Using 2019.3

11. Chazman126

Chazman126

same it is very frustrating!!!

12. AwesomeShot

AwesomeShot

but when i search for avatar grabber left or right nothing shows up where do i find/gte it

13. fqueiroz

fqueiroz

Does anyone know the answer for that? I would expect a either a prefab/sample scene that can grab things using hand tracking or a tutorial that actually works...

14. Tom8695

Tom8695

i cant find the avatar grabber left or right, do anyone know the solution?
    In every tutorial before 2020 they just have the AvatarGrabberLeft/Right, but i think it got updated and i cant find a way to make it work.

aadame22 likes this.
  15. Bappo723

Bappo723

It seems like it is now listed as CustomHandLeft, CustomHandRight - both contain OVR Grabber script [version 2021.3]. I am new to Unity to this may not be the same, but it seems to be it.