Search Unity

Question Oculus - How to setup OVRManager for a stationary app?

Discussion in 'VR' started by Cris_2013, Oct 8, 2022.

1. Cris_2013

Cris_2013

Hi there,

Since I've updated to Unity 2022 (previously 2019) I am having all sort of issues with the positioning of the camera. My game is designed to use a stationary camera (i.e. cockpit). My intention is that regardless of the position of the player in the real world, the camera is always in the same place (off course considering the offset since recenter).

Currently in the OVR Manager I setup the Tracking Origin Type to Eye Level. However the initial position of the camera is different in this two setups:
    - Using a Rift Device on a computer, the camera has shifted since the 2019, but it seems it kindda works.
    - Using a Quest 2 device with Oculus link on another computer, the camera is way lower than what it should, and sometimes is displaced on the X axis.

I presume this might be happening because of the Guardian on the quest 2 (being stationary), but since I want a stationary app, the "floor level" definied by the guardian shouldn't be taking into consideration?

Please anyone could tell me what is the correct setup for a stationary camera to support multiple Oculus / VR devices?

Just in case, I am using the Oculus Integration asset. In the Project Settings, in the XR Plug-in Managemenet I've selected Oculus.

Thanks a lot for your help!