Search Unity

[Oculus go] Unity UI Canvas in world space does not have anti aliasing apply.

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by apreasher, Oct 3, 2018.

1. apreasher

apreasher

Hi ,
    I'm developing a project on Oculus go using Unity 2018.2. I use World-space UI Canvas with a simple image and texts (Both normal text and text mesh pro).

When I run on the device (oculus go) the image and texts on the World-space UI Canvas seems very low quality and the image edge is pixelate. I tried adjust the quality in player setting but nothing work.
    There's no problem when running on unity editor.

I believe this affects only Unity UI Canvas in world space because I tried put text mesh pro on world space on its own and the text quality is good.

Anyone having the same problem?

thanks

#EDIT:
    Solved. I'm so embarrassed. The problem is my canvas's scale is too small ( 0.0007,0.0007,0.0007). After resize scale to 0.1,0.1,0.1 the problem is solved.

Thanks JoeStrout for your answer.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Be sure you have anti-aliasing set to 4x Multi Sampling (i.e. MSAA 4X) in the Quality settings.
    upload_2018-10-3_13-45-9.png

Or, if you're using the OVRManager script in your project, you can check the "Use Recommended MSAA Level" box, which should do the same thing.

While you're there, also look at the Enable Adaptive Resolution setting — I keep that turned off, but I manually set my rendering resolution up on the main menu scene, with
    UnityEngine.XR.XRSettings.eyeTextureResolutionScale = 2

Finally, if you're still having problems, you should google OVROverlay. I haven't used this yet myself, but I hear it makes canvases look quite a bit better once it's set up.

shacharoz likes this.
  3. apreasher

apreasher

Solved. I'm so embarrassed. The problem is my canvas's scale is too small ( 0.0007,0.0007,0.0007). After resize scale to 0.1,0.1,0.1 the problem is solved.

Thanks JoeStrout for your answer.

shacharoz and JoeStrout like this.
  4. shacharoz

shacharoz

hi guys ,
    i have similar experience with unity 2019, PC, world space canvas (that is smaller in scale).
    is there any other solution? I'm already using berserk texture quality with 16 pixel light count and x8 multi sampling.
    is it something with my png texture import?