Search Unity

Oculus Go local discovery available?

Discussion in 'VR' started by janloehr, Sep 17, 2018.

1. janloehr

janloehr

Hey, for a little spare time project I wanted to make some local Multiplayer thingy for the Oculus Go. I got the local discovery working on PC with the NetworkDiscovery component from here.

So far it works on my PC, but when I try to connect the Oculus Go with the Editor or vice versa just nothing happens. From the adb log I can see, that the OC Go is starting to listen for pings, or sending them to the network just fine, no errors or something. Both on the same WiFi.

Has anyone tried that, or knows if this should work? Unfortunately I have no second device to check if it's a OcGo <-> PC thing.

2. thelghome

thelghome

I think the Network Discovery method which you tried, is already depreciated.
    If you are still looking for local networking solution, you may have a look on this thread.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/670270/

It's a plugin called "FM Exhibition Tool Pack", it supports network discovery, live/game view streaming between Oculus Go & other devices.
    Supported Platform: Mac/PC/iOS/Android

3. plmx

plmx

There is nothing preventing you in principle from accessing the local network from the Go. I've successfully implemented even lower-level broadcasts to find a server on the network. However, I did that directly using C#/.NET network classes. No idea how it applies to the Unity components.

4. thelghome

thelghome

.Net class is supported in Unity, your low-level broadcasts solution should work. What’s your challenge?