Search Unity

Question Oculus Go Build Problem

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by Orbatrix, May 8, 2021.

1. Orbatrix

Orbatrix

Hello everyone,

I'm following Valem's VR Tutorial and I'm facing a problem in the very start of it, in the first video.
    When I try to run a build in my Oculus Go, it says an update is in progress because this update is required by the app itself. This happens every single time I try to run a build (or open the app directly from the Oculus), but after the above message being shown, nothing happens and the app doesn't start.

Any thanks would be much appreciated.

My Unity version is the 2020.3.7f1.

2. Tanya_Li

Tanya_Li

Unity Technologies

Not sure if this issue was resolved for you now.
    I have seen this message before and one possible cause is the project you build is using the latest Oculus Integration Asset, which may require the latest Oculus system software.
    Make sure you have the Auto Update enabled, WIFI connected and leave it for a couple of hours and it will update itself as it is supposed to do.

3. Thib-Simango

Thib-Simango

Hi , Same error for me.

I think there is a conflict between XR plugin Unity and Oculus Integration. :(

I have the problem because I try to change of Unity version from Unity 2019 to Unity 2020.3.
    In the 2020, we have to enable XR Plugin for VR app...Maybe is that

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  4. Vectrex

Vectrex

Still happening here. Oculus says the GO is deprecated (already!!) and to use the (I think) 1.8 unity integration? But I'll be stuffed if I can find it, let alone know if it works
    Why it says the updating thing is the weird part. AT LEAST they should actually tell us what the problem is (there are no more updates for the GO, but I'm not sure what exactly it says it's updating)

5. asmahdi

asmahdi

Does it work on Unity 2019 version ?

6. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

Oculus GO has been discontinued. Using the newer versions of Oculus XR, they've removed Oculus GO compatibility.
    We've completely given up on the Oculus GO and moved on to Oculus Quest.

7. noemis

noemis

Today I also had the problem, that an old Oculus go project from 2017 shall be updated. The customer can't even download it from release channel anymore.

I found out, that if I use Unity 2019.4.28 (in my case), install XR Plugin Management, use oculus, then (important) go to the package manager to the oculus xr plugin -> switch to the older 1.5.1 version, which is the oldest in the list. Now the test app runs on my go. Seem to be the latest config.

I search the same "fallback" for a 2020.3. version but I could not find older xr plugins from oculus. There was only one.

Maybe it helps someone.

WARNING: this is an edit some hours later: this all works if you build direct to your device. You can't upload it to a oculus release channel anymore. This is the simple error from the upload tool:

Diese Plattform steht nicht mehr zur Verfügung. (engl: this platform is not supported anymore)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    TroniksUnity likes this.
  8. NicholiNoah

NicholiNoah

Oculus Integration SDK Archive
    That goes directly to the v18 page with a blue download button on the right (or click this direct link)
    I've tried getting it running with the 1.5.1 downgrade and am still working on that, specifically downgrading to "matching" SDKs, plugins, and XR Interaction that (theoretically) emulate a project that would have been built before the Go was deprecated.

2020.3 really doesn't like it. I assume that's because 1.5.1 was deprecated in Unity 2020.x.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    Octarina likes this.