Search Unity

Oculus GO - black screen after build

Discussion in 'VR' started by kolcas, May 16, 2019.

1. kolcas

kolcas

HI i'm just trying to make my first VR app in Unity, but when i build and run my app on selected device, i got black screen. To run my app properly, I need to kill it and then run it again.
    Same situation when i try to launch my app from unknown sources.. I always have to run my app, kill it and then run again, to get it working...

except this, app is working perfectly without any errors, also when i test my scenes inside unity everything seems ok..

Any ideas what may cause this problem? any known solution? help please

Unity version 2018.3.0f2
    Imported project - Interactive 360 Sample Project

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/essentials/tutorial-projects/interactive-360-sample-project-108974

2. giantkilleroverunity3d

giantkilleroverunity3d

I too ran across this. Run the Oculus OVRmonitor to see other insights. I was surprised at the results. I could then advance to the next insight. Now I have to dig into performance level assessments.

3. kolcas

kolcas

Not exactly sure what caused this problem, but after some changes in "Player Settings" it seems OK..
    So if anyone else run into same situation, just try to make some changes in Player Settings - Other settings - configuration :)

nhimsovichea18 likes this.
  4. nhimsovichea18

nhimsovichea18

I face the same problem as well. Could you be more specific with Configuration you mentioned above?

5. ydetchou

ydetchou

I figured something out. I turned off the anti-aliasing in Edit>Project Settings>Quality
    and in Player Settings>Rendering
    > Scripting Runtime Version -> .NET 4.x Equivalent
    > API compatibility level -> .NET 2.0 Subset

ROBYER1 likes this.
  6. Sword111

Sword111

Hi Im having the same problem, with is coming up on the black screen ? Thanks !!!

Attached Files:

7. MonikaPeters

MonikaPeters

I have the same problem((

8. Sword111

Sword111

Is it something to do with a Rift S build ?

9. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

remove Vulkan from the list of Renderers in the Player settings menu, just leave OpenGLES 3 in the list

amit-chai likes this.