Search Unity

Oculus Contoller and new Input System

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Mese96, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Mese96

Mese96

Hi, I am trying to switch over the Input to the new Input System.
    It is working fine for Keyboard&Mouse and Controller, but I struggle setting up working VR Controlls.
    Tracked Pose Drivers (New Input System) are working fine, but as soon as I add a XRController or OculusController as requirments to a controll scheme, this controll scheme is not getting assigned anymore.
    In the Input Debugger I can see the desired input as well.

Is there anything to be taken into account ?
    It worked for a brief moment, but not reproducible.
    Oculus is CV1.

Edit: As its probably fits better inside New-Input Sub-Forum, could it be moved there ?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    gforeman likes this.
  2. eduddy

eduddy

Yeah, I had the OVR Manager and Oculus integration working - now with the XR I'm struggling as well. I can make to where I am in a stationary position, with my controllers and headset being tracked correctly .. Not sure how to use the Locomotion system to walk around with the controllers (not room-scale) ..

Wasn't trying to hijack - but agree the transition between the systems has been rough for me too.

gforeman and Mese96 like this.
  3. Mese96

Mese96

Settled now with using the new Input System for Keyboard, Mouse and Controller Input and the XRInput for VR.
    That is working fine. (The way the old input was set up in our project, Controller stick and Oculus Controller stick both were the same)