Search Unity

Audio Oculus and Microsoft Spatializer missing and manual states the opposite

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ReaktorDave, Dec 21, 2018.

1. ReaktorDave

ReaktorDave

I wanted to look at the new Unity v2018.3.0f2 which is marked as stable in the Unity Hub. However, it is missing the before included spatializer plug-ins by Oculus and Microsoft. Also, Resonance Audio seems to be included by default now. See the attached screenshot of a new project created with v2018.3.0f2.
    I searched through the release notes but didn't find anything related. Has the support for those plug-ins been officially dropped and where can I find more info about this?

On top of that, the manual states that both the Oculus and the Microsoft spatializer are natively included (which aren't) and does not even mention the Resonenace spatializer (which actually is included): https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/VRAudioSpatializer.html (this link points to the v.2018.3 manual at the time of writing).

How do I get the Oculus und Microsoft spatializers back?

Attached Files:

2. angularsen

angularsen

Somewhat related, but installing Oculus Integration 1.32.0 package, which includes Oculus Spatializer, crashes when I try to use Ambisonic audio. Other spatial audio works fine though, so you should probably search Unity Store for Oculus Integration package and install that.

3. ReaktorDave

ReaktorDave

Do you use the same unity version 2018.3.0f2? Are the oculus and Microsoft spatializer also missing?

4. JuozasK

JuozasK

Unity Technologies

Heya!
    So right now, the spatializer plugins are being moved to packages with Oculus and Microsoft spatializers already done. Google VR (including Resonance audio) is still being moved so that's why it's still available natively.

The correct workflow now would be to download the appropriate packages with the spatializers you need. :)
    The documentation will most likely be updated once the move is finished.

5. ReaktorDave

ReaktorDave

Thank you so much for your response!

Why not update to Docs now to reflect the current state of the latest stable release? The current situation is quite confusing and changing some small text passages in the manual takes just some minutes.

guburi likes this.
  6. ReglStudios

ReglStudios

Do you know when would they be available for download? I could not find the Microsoft spatializer in the package manager yet, I am using Unity 2018.3.2f1.

7. raithza

raithza

I can't find the MS HRTF Spatializer unity plugin/package either, not on the asset store or on microsoft's pages itself. Is it perhaps named something unexpected?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  8. ReaktorDave

ReaktorDave

Unity, this is simply a mess.

In Unity 2018.3.2f1 for the Oculus Spatializer go to:
    Window->PackageManager
    Search for "Oculus"
    Install the Oculus Package for your target platform

For the Microsoft spatializer go to:
    Window->PackageManager
    Search for "Mixed Reality"
    Install the "Windows Mixed Reality" Package

After these steps, you'll be able to select the spatializer plugins from Edit->ProjectSettings->Audio->Spatializer Plugin

Unity, please update the docs to reflect this.

9. mutp

mutp

I'm on 2019.3.11f1.
    I've downloaded Oculus XR Plugin from the Package Manager and I'm using the new XR Plugin Management way of integrating XR platforms. As a result, I don't need to separately download the Oculus Desktop Integration package.

But, now, I'm unable to select the Oculus Spatializer option in Project Settings -> Audio. There is only "None" visible. Is there something else I need to install?

Squize likes this.
  10. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

BUMP!!!

11. mutp

mutp

12. EmilyAnimator

EmilyAnimator

I ran into the same confusion! So glad I finally found this thread, I never would have guessed to search "mixed reality" in package manager. what a mess.

13. harmakhis

harmakhis

I know I'm a bit late to this party, but for anyone running into this thread from Google, I had the same problem as the OP and was able to get the Spatializer up and running using the instructions from developer.oculus.com. I followed the second option under Import and Enable the Spatializer, which had the benefit of not requiring the ludicrously-oversized, 20-minutes-to-import Oculus Integration Package.

mutp likes this.