Search Unity

Occulus Integration Update June 2019 Issue

Discussion in 'VR' started by ShaunLane, Aug 8, 2019.

1. ShaunLane

ShaunLane

I am teaching a class of 25 high school students and have been using Unity and the Oculus Integration assets all year - went on mid-year break, came back to see the Assets updated ...cool!

However ... the ability to use the OVRPlayerController and more importantly preview scenes while holding the CTRL key down and using cursors + mouse looks to have disappeared ... or has it? I can not find any information on this or a work around. When we build the OVRPlayerController works fine.

It effectively limits the VR work we can do as we aren't about to purchase 25 rifts for every computer in class.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

This isn't the help you were asking for, but... would you be able to buy 25 Oculus Gos? They're darned cheap and very fun to code for. Of course the debug/test cycle is a little bit longer (you can't just play from the editor, but must build to the device), but not too bad.

(I'm afraid I don't have any insight on the question you're actually asking, as I don't use OVRPlayerController in my apps. I have my own code that moves the camera with mouse/keyboard in the editor.)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  3. Corysia

Corysia