Search Unity

Occulus editor integration stopped working

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by rchapman, Sep 27, 2019.

1. rchapman

rchapman

I'm using 2019.2.6f1. We use Rift S for development mode to test scene changes quickly in the editor. This was working fine until about an hour ago, and now has stopped working completely. The Occulus app and Rift seem to be working properly, but when I hit play in the editor it doesn't play in the Rift.

I was having some trouble with this flow leading up to this issue, but could always recover by restarting the apps or, in the worst case, rebooting my system. Now I don't appear to be able to get these two systems to talk to each other.

Are there some diagnostics I can dig into to try to figure out what's happening? This is a major hit to productivity because I now have to build to the Quest to see changes, which takes 15-20 minutes instead of viewing the changes in less than a minute.

Overall I'd say that the experience has been less than great, with regular crashes on the Unity side.

2. rchapman

rchapman

Upgraded to 2019.2.7, still broken. I see a Unity loading screen that hangs when I put the Oculus on.

3. rchapman

rchapman

Can someone please chime in on what's going on behind the scenes so I can try to diagnose this? What is the process that Unity uses to launch this in the Rift? This is absolutely killing productivity.

4. rchapman

rchapman

I've tracked this down to the spatializer. If I delete the Oculus Spatializer folder and anything that references I'm able to get the editor integration working again.

5. MeanTrick

MeanTrick

You are my hero!

My project was working fine this morning. Then Oculus updated (without asking).

Now, I cannot run my project from Unity. When I start Unity, the Rift shows the loading screen (Unity Editor - Loading...) and never gets past that screen. It's as if it thinks I hit 'Play' when I start Unity (which I did not).

I force close Oculus, and it starts itself up again if Unity is open.

When I hit Play in Unity, I get no Camera display on the HMD.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Oculus. I reimported and updated all my Oculus packages in Unity. I started a new Unity project with no luck.

Deleting the Spatializer folder as you said (and then a few other problem scripts, according to console errors) let me run my project again.

THANK YOU.

I was crippled, and now I can limp (if not walk) again :)

ROBYER1 likes this.
  6. MeanTrick

MeanTrick

It sounds like we had the exact same issues. I'm so glad I found your post - thank you for sharing your solution!

7. rchapman

rchapman

Happy to help! Glad to know someone else hit the same issue and it's not isolated to my machine.

8. rchapman

rchapman

So this was causing some issues for our development since spatial sound is crucial to our experience. I've found that I can keep the plugins in the workspace as long as I mark the x86 and x86_64 dlls as *not* included for any platforms when Unity launches. After launch, I can switch the relevant dll (x86_64 in our case) to be included for the Editor and things run properly.

It seems that something is happening on load that's causing the problem. If I have the headset on, I see Unity trying to launch in VR when I open the project, but it just stays stuck on the "Loading" screen. It of course shouldn't be loading at all in Unity that early in the process.

9. rchapman

rchapman

10. akclucc

akclucc

Has there been any progress on this issue? I'm having the same problem with my Rift S. Gutting the Spatializer didn't do it for me unfortunately.