Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Occlusion Probes

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by DavidLlewelyn, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

I'd also love to hear from Unity if the packages I've posted at https://forum.unity.com/threads/occlusion-probes.531573/page-2#post-4349689 do lighting anywhere right. I haven't spent time examining how the Ambient Probe is supposed to be applied so I don't know if I did something silly there. All I know is that the sample scene looked similar lighting wise but it's hardly a prime example with bunch of boxes.

2. castor76

castor76

How did you find out this occlusion probe is only integrated into LWRP? So it is not implemented for legacy and hdrp? What the...

3. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

@castor76 Well, it's not the exact same thing, you apparently they bake similar thing to probes on LW and there was a PR that mentioned this (hence knowing it's a thing), haven't seen similar change for HDRP and built-in isn't getting new features anyway. Occlusion probes on BotD is using a 3D texture instead of probes.

4. castor76

castor76

I have switched to lwrp, then back to legacy, and then back to lwrp and then recently had to go back to legacy... and then now I need to go back to lwrp to test this occlusion probe ?? GARHHHHH

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  5. mephistonight

mephistonight

Hi Rizu,

Thanks for sharing your work on this throughout this thread. It's really helped a lot.

I don't suppose you've had any luck at solving the issue with the HDRP higher lighting intensity values on the latest versions have you?

I can think through why this happens but having dug in to the way probes bake and apply colour I'm not sure I can think of a way to fix it.

Cheers,
    M

6. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

All I know is that if you put high light intensity, it seems to just output completely white texture for occlusion probes. How I see it, it could be an issue on the bakers side and if that's true, there's not much we can do about it (other than dial down lighting values for the occlusion probe bake).

7. Thall33

Thall33

Just saw Occlusion Probes on the URP Roadmap, is this the same system as above?

8. Camarent

Camarent

Hm, I did not see in roadmap. Do you have link where you saw it?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  9. Thall33

Thall33

It was removed from the under consideration section of URP roadmap about 2 months after my post..

10. Camarent

Camarent

You should not post about it! It was a secret feature:)

11. Ruchir

Ruchir

Any update on this feature? :D

12. redspike474

redspike474

Yeah will this ever become a standard feature?

13. blueivy

blueivy

This thread is old old, but has this been implemented in hdrp yet?

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes it's called Adaptive probe volumes system (APV) and is available in 2021.2 and above

blueivy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.