Search Unity

Question Occlusion object in MARS rules

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by Blinxel_AR, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Blinxel_AR

Blinxel_AR

Hi all,
    I see that it's possible to include a mesh that acts as an occluding object. Say off the first marker image for example.
    How does one set this up? Is there docs for this?

2. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

@AnotherBloodyUsername This happen when you scan the environment as you generate planes. Unless you are talking about something else, if you can; share with us some images of the behavior you are looking for

3. Blinxel_AR

Blinxel_AR

What I'm hoping to do is to replicate what we saw in the MARS Rules webinar.
    I've got a mesh that is the same dimensions as the interior walls of my flat.
    I'd like to designate as an occluder, so that objects in the bathroom can not be seen through the walls from the hallway.
    The virtual model of the flat would ideally act as an occluder, ensuring that things on the other sides of walls are not visible.
    So I can create a proxy object, call it "Node Bathroom".
    Create a rule that creates a cube on every Node Bathroom.
    Then, when playing the scene, the cube that is spawned on the Node Bathroom is only visible when one is in the bathroom.

Is this possible?

My current attempts at this have the cube drawing in front of the walls all the time, so nothing is occluded.

In the image, the red arrow is the wall, and the area of the cube we see at the blue arrow should be occluded behind the wall.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020