Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Occlusion is not working.

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Juan, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Juan

Juan

I don't understand, but i create my view zone, like the view zones inside the occlusion demo project, cal my occlusion and the when the camera is inside the view zone all the objects dissapear, when the camera is outside the viewzone all the objects are present.

Help please.
    Thanks.

2. Juan

Juan

I reviewed all the posts in the forum about that and it's not helping, please, some advice?

Cheers.

3. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Are the objects set to Static?

4. Juan

Juan

Yes.

The problem is that the objects are dissapearing, i mean, when i calc the occlusion the behavior is the following:

it's a small room with some objects and a door, i expect the objects to dissapear if i'm out of the room, behind some walls, well i'm inside the room and the objects are gone, if i walk near the objects the objects appear, but if i walk far the objects, inside the room always, the objects are gone, also if i'm in the other room and i look to my first room the objects are there, even the objects that are behind the walls, i know that because of the performance.

Cheers and thanks.

5. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Hmm, without looking at some screenshots or having a look at your project I'm not really sure what's going wrong.

6. Juan

Juan

ok, as soon as i can i'll upload some screenshots and even a screen capture video, so you can see what i'm saying.
    Cheers and thanks :)

7. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

The best would be to send in a Bug Report with the Project folder zipped up and attached to the report. I'll have a look at it tomorrow if you PM me the case number.

8. Juan

Juan

I cannot send any material about this project by contract, i can show it but not sned it, sorry, but i'll try to reply the problem in a more simple scene so i can send to you, any way i'm going to do the video so you can see what's the problem, maybe is not a bug, only that i'm soing something wrong.

But until tomorrow i will not be able to do that.

Thanks for the interest, i'll try to send you all the related material that i can as soon as possible.

Cheers.

9. Dreamora

Dreamora

one thing to keep in mind: your camera must never leave the view areas. if it does, occlusion culling is completely disabled.

Also, dynamic objects (like a door, which I guess is dynamic) won't act as occluders. so even if you close the room by its door, the content visible without the door would still be rendered.